6

[BELLA LEDFORD]
Seattle, Washington

[BELLA LEDFORD]Seattle, Washington

˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚

Life went on.

After the night Bella spent at Joe's, getting irresponsibly hammered, she actively avoided everyone the following day. It wasn't like anyone would've missed her company, especially once she showed her grumpy side to the interns and residents. She may or may not have let her mouth run and voice grow louder when they did something wrong. But she didn't care. She couldn't care. There was an entire club, blasting music in her head. Again.

Finding her feet at Seattle Grace Mercy West took a little less than a month. Bella's relation to the fantastic threesome grew and progressed and now she could somewhat confidently declare that she had acquaintances. There was a sense of loyalty Karev held and felt towards Grey and Yang, and Bella could understand why he may have preferred those surgeons to her. They had history, which he lacked with Bella. When it came to Kepner and Avery, they were, again, more loyal to each other than Ledford, given that they came from the same hospital, etcetera. They still hung out with her, and spoke, but it wasn't like they were joined at the hips.

Wandering the halls, on that particular day, Bella chose to round on her own patients. Everyone else snagged up the interns and residents and she didn't feel like getting to know someone new. In the end, being on her own turned out to be a blessing in disguise. Discharging a few people brought a smile to Ledford's face. The week prior, she had more losses than successes, so to see these patients go home happily was nice.

And yes, she could've blamed those losses on Dr Shepherd since he more than happily directed lost cause patients to her very direction, but she did not. The surgeon had been through enough, not just because of the accident he had, but also with how he technically lost his job to her. In a twisted sense, Bella was making up for it, even if she refused to admit it to anyone. Ledford didn't want to bow down, especially not for a job that she earned. It may not have come in a way she would've liked but that was completely out of her control.

Something Bella could control was getting answers. She spent too many nights sleeping on wondering why the former department head gave her a hard time. That's why she paged the neuro-god to one of the meeting rooms.

On her way there, she managed to run into Jackson Avery. Literally.

"Alright, bulldozer. Keep it slow," she called out to him after nearly being knocked over.

"Just trying to have one day off and my intern decides to close my patient's wound—an infected wound, which I left open to heal," he complained, practically ripping his jacket off. He continued to walk backwards for a while before he turned and in a raised voice, he said, "Dumbass, over-eager, barely-out-of-med-school child!"

Bella laughed. He was definitely not having a fun day, that's for sure. But maybe he did have a point when he said interns can't be taught. No matter if someone has a medical degree and training or not, it is pretty much common sense to leave an infected wound alone. Unless stated otherwise.