29

[BELLA LEDFORD]
Seattle, Washington

[BELLA LEDFORD]Seattle, Washington

˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚

To say that April Kepner was speechless would be an understatement on Bella Ledford's behalf.

Considering that they haven't had the chance to properly catch up in a while, Bella started from the beginning once she found it in herself to not cry. Not leaving one little detail out of the story so that everything made sense. It was entertaining to hear April's commentary throughout, 'I never liked those interns' and 'maybe it's better for everyone that I no longer work here'. In the midst of things, they also talked about the shocking news of Derek Shepherd which seemed to automatically lead April to offer the same solution Callie did.

"I don't think it's a bad idea, Bella... I mean, she is good. Really good," April emphasised. "I've met her a long time ago, she brought in a case with her when she visited her brother."

"That's nice, and all, but all I can think about is how it would look," she said. "Hey, I have your dead brother's spot open, so if you want a job, come for an interview."

April gave Bella a look of 'are you being serious right now' then shook her head. "Okay. You don't need to phrase it quite so literally."

"I'll think about it, whatever," she sighed.

"You're right. That's not the point right now," April said. "I'm curious to know more about that one-sided emotional flare up."

"It came and it went."

April stayed quiet. Bella copied her. There wasn't anything else to add. She truly felt that it had faded. Thinking back to the kiss, the only thing she knew for sure was that it happened and it changed things. Was it her feelings? Was it just her relationship with Jackson?

"Okay, I have to get back to Alex and Anna. She's hungry, and Alex can't find her bottle," she shared, then looked back to Bella when she put her phone away. "Let's go out tonight. Have a drink. And then you can tell me how you feel."

Bella didn't say anything in return, but nodded to the offer. She stayed seated on the chair and when April asked if she would tag along to the attending's lounge, she said she needed to go to the toilet. Kepner saw right through the lie but didn't mention it. Instead, she smiled and said 'okay' then left her there.

Her friends were back. The thought was overwhelming on its own, and made her lean down on the table, her forehead pressed to her forearms packed on top of each other. Bella had little to no time to visit them, or talk to either of them for longer than a couple of texts back and forth which was unfortunate. Now, as happy and excited as she was to see them again, she also didn't understand their sudden visit. She imagined life was tough enough with settling in and raising a newborn.

Someone cleared their throat before they called, "Dr Ledford?"

Bella's first thought was: No.