44

[BELLA LEDFORD]
Seattle, Washington

[BELLA LEDFORD]Seattle, Washington

˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚

Every single word Bella had spoken to Jackson outside of the hospital haunted her for what felt like forever. Everything she said came from deep within her, from a closed off pocket in her chest that she never would've dared to say to anyone but Jackson. Layers of trust laid between them which allowed her to be disgustingly honest. In the heat of the moment, as the emotions burst out of her, she managed to be direct about her feelings. To her, this felt to be a moment worthy enough to cherish.

Once the night fell and silence blanketed around her whilst she found comfort in her bed, thoughts of every kind resurfaced in her head. The weight of the past two months lingered like an ache after an extreme workout class. Every movement reminded Bella of the unfortunate events, though sometimes, she found it needless to do much. Closing her eyes seemed to do plenty for her memories to come back and force her to relive things she wished to forget.

Yet again, she realised she remained stuck in the past.

Heavy knocking against the front door of her apartment caused her body to jolt in surprise. Heartbeat accelerated, she stood from the bed and wandered over quietly to peek through the hole. Pressed against the door, she saw Jackson on the other side, eager, as he stepped forward once more, ready to knock.

Bella acted faster.

A smile spread on her lips as she pulled the door open and gave Jackson a shock of surprise like he had done to her. The hand he balled into a fist to make his presence known again fell through the air. Just for those couple of seconds, it appeared, both of them forgot about the uncomfortable tension that viciously poked between them. Jackson smiled, lips and eyes, and Bella lost her breath in awe of him.

"Hey," he advanced and took his hand back, folding his arm by his side. Jeans and a hoodie kept him comfortable, a pair of Jordan's on his feet.

"Hey," she echoed him softly. Both of her hands remained attached to the door more for her benefit than anything else. "Come in," her mouth said before her brain had the chance to fight against the idea. Jackson looked as taken aback for a second as Bella felt. Apparently, he expected her to send him away, much like she expected herself to send him away.

When he did move into the apartment, Bella could barely wrap her head around it. Plenty of the time they spent together happened within the walls of Bella's home, and yet, seeing him there while she only wore her mismatched pyjamas, she felt out of place.

But Jackson? He moved around like he came home from work, ready to shower off the day's hard problems then tuck himself into bed, happy as a bunny to be finally off of his feet. The thought brought yet another grin to Bella's face which she failed to hide, though perhaps she did not wish to in the first place.