52

[BELLA LEDFORD]
Seattle, Washington

[BELLA LEDFORD]Seattle, Washington

˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚

The morning started off different to how Bella usually preferred it to go. Tuesdays, anyway. Tuesdays were for therapy. Tuesday Therapy. TT. Had a very nice ring to it, she supposed.

Truth be told, she slacked off on seeing a professional after she somewhat recovered from her accident. Four weeks missed and she saw a difference in the way she behaved so she picked it up again. To make it easier on herself, she got a doctor in the hospital, on the top floor.

Even though a cancelled session meant she could sleep in and get to work a little later, she started to feel guilty. The one thing Bella did not want to do was find herself in a hole again. So deep that she can't physically claw herself out of it.

It happened before. She had no intentions of being there again. It was dark in there, and cold. Horrid, to put it simply. It shakes one's soul desperately. It leaves bones to chatter. Suddenly, as she walked through the front door of the hospital, she felt the back of her throat scratch.

The driving sessions with Arizona could've gone worse. That is not to say they were fantastic. In fact, they were far from it. Bella couldn't count on two hands how many times she felt overwhelmed and ended up in tears as she sat behind the steering wheel. The car didn't even move—they were still, in an empty car park.

"I can't do it," she admitted, and hated the way each of those words burned her throat, her tongue, her lips. Never wanting to feel weak and unable again in her life, she vowed to do everything in her power. And this... something so mundane... how could it get the better of her?

"Hey, stop that," Arizona called out immediately. Sharp voice. Yet somehow still so tender. The cold touch of her hand on Bella's knee made Bella look to her. Determination glowed in those bright ocean eyes. Encouragement. Understanding. "This is daunting. This is hard. You knew it wouldn't be easy. But you know you can do it otherwise you wouldn't be sitting here."

"Arizona..."

"I'm talking," she said, silencing Bella again. She exhaled and wiped at her eyes. "The fact that you got up today with the intent of sitting in this car, behind that wheel, is victory in itself. What happened was horrible, and it impacted you but it is not something that will hold you down forever. You are here, Bella, you are in this car. Deep down, you know this is nothing—you know you will drive again. You do, because you are here, and you are trying. And I'll be damned if I let the accident pull you down. You have me, alright?"

Bella nodded. The words stuck in her throat.

After Arizona made sure that Bella knew she wasn't alone, they talked about the most random things in life. By the end of it, Bella found herself in fits of giggles, completely unaware of where she sat.