fifty-four

< Friday >

{ Maddie }

Today was the day! It was wedding day. Calum left early this morning to go to the boy's suite for the day. Landyn was going to stay with us girls. We gave him a choice and he chose to stay with me.

So, we were currently sitting in a suite. Everyone was taking turns getting hair done. Landyn sat quietly on the couch. He was content with an IPad, his Switch, and some snacks. He never once bothered us.

Soon it was my turn to start getting ready and my nerves really kicked in,

"Mads, it's going to be okay. Nothings going to happen. This is your big day. Embrace that. We don't need those nerves. You and Calum are meant for each other. He's a great guy for you and for Landyn" Crystal spoke, taking my hand. I nodded and sat still so the lady could do my hair and makeup,

"Can you help Landyn get ready?" I asked,

"Of course" she nodded and grabbed Landyn's suit and started to help him change.

When my hair and makeup were done, I went with Sierra and she helped me get my dress on. I looked in the mirror once it was on and teared up a little,

"This is so crazy" I laughed,

"You look stunning" she smiled behind me, "Why don't we see what that little boy of yours thinks"

I nodded and walked out,

"Mommy! You look so pretty!" Landyn stood up,

"Thank you baby" I smiled, "You look super handsome in your suit"

"I know" he giggled, "Daddy helped me pick it remember"

"I do remember" I nodded.

****

I was waiting to walk down the aisle. Landyn was at my side holding my hand tightly. He's been so excited to walk me down the aisle. I was glad he gets to walk me. He's the number one guy in my life. He always will be, along with Calum now, but I'd drop anything and everything for my son.

Everyone had gone down the aisle, so now it was my turn,

"Here we go Lan" I smiled. He nodded and we walked around the corner to the aisle. The first person I saw was Calum with a big grin. Right behind him were his three best friends. I smiled at him and Landyn and I started walking. As we got closer, I noticed Calum wiping his tears.

When I reached him, he took me from Landyn and bent down to kiss his head. Landyn giggled then stood by Crystal who was my maid of honor.

"Welcome everyone today as we celebrate the coming together of Madison and Calum in matrimony. Marriage will stretch you as an individual and deepen your love for one another while bringing out the best each other. So, enjoy your marriage and let it be a time of waking up each morning and falling in love with each other all over again" the officiant spoke as Calum held my hands, "Now for the vows. Calum you start"

"Madison, I promise to cherish you always, to honor and sustain you, in sickness and in health, in poverty and in wealth, and to be true to you in all things until death alone shall part us. I also make the promise to always be the best father for Landyn"

I smiled,

"Now Madison" the officiant nodded at me,

"Calum, I promise to cherish you always, to honor and sustain you, in sickness and in health, in poverty and in wealth, and to be true to you in all things until death alone shall part us"

Then we moved onto rings which Michael handed us, Calum taking my hand first,

"With this ring I, Calum, take you, Madison, to be no other than yourself. Loving what I know of you, and trusting what I do not yet know, I will respect your integrity and have faith in your abiding love for me, through all our years, and in all that life may bring us"

He slid the ring on my finger then I gently took his,

"With this ring I, Madison, take you, Calum, to be no other than yourself. Loving what I know of you, and trusting what I do not yet know, I will respect your integrity and have faith in your abiding love for me, through all our years, and in all that life may bring us"

I slid the ring on his finger and we looked to the officiant,

"By the power invested in me by the state of California, I now pronounce you husband and wife. Calum, you may kiss your bride"

With one swift move, Calum's hands were on my cheeks and our lips were against each other. We pulled away with big smiles then turned to the audience,

"I now present to you, Mr. and Mrs. Calum Hood"

And that was it. I now had my happy ever after with my son and the man I love who became the greatest father my child could ever ask for. I'm grateful for Calum and I'm glad he decided to love us two.

The End