Rui

Spoilers if you haven't watch the mountain of spiders arc (?)

Demon spider reader

Rui might be a bit ooc but just lemme have this

The story is set up in a bunch of flashbacks fyi

Rui always wanted a connection. A family connection. Something he could rely on and give him comfort. He tried to build a fake family to forge that connection. But despite the effort he put into their mismatched family it never satisfied him. The only thing he could even hope was a connection was you. No matter what he did to you it seemed you still trusted him, admired him, believed in him. He never knew how strong of a connection he had with you until he lost it.

---------------------------

"Rui! Mother says dinner's ready!" Y/N yelled to the youngest spider sibling. 

The aforementioned hopped off his branch and followed you back to the house where the family tended to share their meals. It was a quiet walk, Y/N not wanting to talk somewhat scared Rui would find a way to take it offensively and Rui not wanting to disrupt the peaceful silence. 

You got to the house and ate with the rest of the family. Everyone headed off to bed except you and Rui. He looked at you and you could tell he was wondering why you weren't going to bed.

"Can I show you something?" You asked in a whisper.

Rui thought for a moment but nodded. He then followed you through the forest. You knew you had to hurry because the sun would be up soon but you made it to the place in time. It was a small meadow filled with flowers. You smiled and sat down in the middle of the meadow. You picked some of the flowers and starting weaving them into a flower crown.

Rui stood by the edge of the meadow just watching you in wonder. He didn't know what is was about you in that moment but you were captivating. The way you smiled at the sight of the flowers. How perfectly you sat amongst them. Your hands masterfully weaving the flowers together. He found himself staring at you. Something inside him yelling to go sit next to you but he kept himself planted on the outskirt of the meadow. 

When you were done you stood and walked over to Rui. With a soft smile on your face you placed the flower crown on his head. He looked up at you and instead of the confused or angry look you expected to see there was one of admiration. A look you had never seen on Rui's face. His eyes held so much emotion it was hard to pick them all out but you knew he appreciated the gift even if he wouldn't say it.

Rui was at a lose for words. How could such a small gesture make him feel so warm inside? What was this? Was this finally a family bond? No. Family wasn't the right word. He didn't feel the same way towards his other fake family members as he did for you. This was something different. Something more confusing. Something better.

He was pulled from his thoughts as he felt you softly grab his hand and lead him back towards the house. The sun was about to rise and neither of you could be out in daylight. Rui focused more on your hand in his then the fast approaching daylight. The way your hands were soft but callused from work. How warm your hand was in comparison to his cold one. How you held his hand so softly like he was a precious flower you didn't want to break.

---------------------------

"Y/N?" Rui appeared behind you one day while you were watching the river speed by.

Unlike the other family members you never jumped to attention when Rui called your name. You always just smiled at him and listened to what he had to say. It was a nice change of pace for him. He didn't mind the others treating him like a viscous dictator but with you he didn't want you to see him that way.