The Main KNY trio

Tanjiro, Inosuke, and Zenitsu

Request by the lovely @literallystfurn

I'm gonna be honest I'm shit at writing AU's so I stuck with the anime cause that's what I was sure I could write well, sorry but I hope you still like it

You hadn't realized it but over the course of the past months you had made a big impact on the chaotic trio. From the start when you saved Zenitsu in the Final Selection, then when you fought Inosuke at the demon house, to when you helped fight Rui with Tanjiro you had changed each of their lives. They all looked up to you and held deep respect for you.

After the fight with the spider demons the four of you were hospitalized from your various injuries. You had gotten the worst out of all of them. So while they went to train you were stuck in bed watching the world go by out the window.

Because of this the trio felt incredibly guilty. They each believed it was their fault that you had gotten hurt so badly. So to make up for it they all had started treating you with as much kindness as they could.

"Y/N-Chaaaaan!!!" Zenitsu yelled as he ran over to your bedside. "Are you feeling better? Anything hurt? Do I need to get Aoi??"

You smiled and rolled your eyes at him. You had healed enough to sit up but Zenitsu made sure to help you. "I'm fine Zenitsu. You don't have to worry about me."

"Of course I do!! It's my fault you got hurt!! I should have gone with you but I was a coward!!" He whined.

"Zenitsu, it's not your fault." You said and patted his head.

"Y/N is right." Tanjiro said as he entered the room, "If anything it's my fault. I should have fought harder to protect you while we faced off against that demon."

You gave Tanjiro a sweet smile, "It's not your fault either. Really you have to stop blaming yourselves!"

"Yes Y/N!" The two said in sync and bowed apologetically.

-------------------------

Everyday while you stayed in bed healing the trio would train in order to help the healing process and to of course become strong enough to protect you. You had told them to stop blaming themselves but it was hard for them. 

"Ha! That the best you got! You cant protect anyone like that!!" Inosuke challenged as he squared off against Zenitsu.

His words seemed to strike a cord and Zenitsu's eyes started to water. "I knoooooow if I were stronger Y/N wouldn't still be injured!!" He cried and fell to the ground. 

Inosuke and Tanjiro looked at each other than back to Zenitsu. Tanjiro sighed and sat down next to Zenitsu. "It's not your fault Zenitsu."

"It's all of ours." Inosuke added. 

Tanjiro nodded, "You can't just blame yourself for what happened. We all care for Y/N and it's all of our fault that he's hurt. But we can train and become stronger so we can protect him the next time!"

Zenitsu sniffed and wiped away his tears and some snot, "Okay. I want to be strong so I can protect him."

"We all do." Insouke said.

But that's when it dawned on them all. Zenitsu and Tanjiro stood and the three just stared at each other. Inosuke stared at both of them but they couldn't tell which through the boar mask.

That's when Zenitsu raised a shaky finger, "Please tell me you both aren't....in love w-with.."

"Y/N." Tanjiro and Inosuke sighed at the same time. Then proceeded to shoot their heads up and gawk at each other.