Armin Arlert

Titan shifter reader

This doesn't take place during any major points in the story it kind of just exists around season 1 to 2 

Sorry if Armin is a little ooc it's been forever since I've watched this show so it might be a little off

You had made a promise long ago. One you would never dream of breaking. To protect him till you died. What an odd choice of words you had picked back then but you wouldn't know till much later how true they were.

------------------------

"Y/N are you crazy?! Why would you join the scouts?" Armin asked as he shook you by your shoulders.

"Because you joined." You said blankly.

"Man your just like Mikasa. I don't need you to watch out for me, I can do things on my own!" He whined.

"I know that. But I made you a promise and I intend to keep it."

"Promise? Y/N! You made that promise when we were kids! We're grown up now you shouldn't have to risk your life for me! The scouts are dangerous!!"

You cupped Armin's face in your hands and looked him straight in the eyes, "I know what I'm getting into Armin. I will keep my promise to you no matter what. You can't change that."

Armin faltered and gave in to you, "Fine. You're too stubborn. But I want you to know if you ever put yourself in unnecessary danger for me I will resent you forever. Alright?" Armin knew he didn't really mean it but he'd say anything to have you change your mind. He didn't want you to get hurt on his behalf. 

You let out a sigh, "Alright."

------------------------

"Listen up troops here's the plan." Levi said and started giving out roles. 

You were going to journey outside the walls and luckily you were in a group with Armin. That's all you cared about. Outside the walls it was dangerous and you felt much better knowing Armin would be in your sights the whole time. 

"Everyone clear on the plan?" Levi asked and everyone replied with a salute and 'yes sir'.

You walked over to Armin and put a hand on his shoulder, "You ready?" 

He nodded and the two of you met with your assigned group. 

Once you had taken off instead of watching your surrounding you focused more on the blond riding in front of you. You had spent hours upon hours staring at him. Memorizing and admiring his features. But it seemed every time you looked at him he became even more beautiful. 

You were in love with him since the age of 7. Now when you were that young you couldn't put a word to the feelings you felt but you knew you had some strong connection to Armin. He made your heart speed up when he smiled at you and whenever you held his hand everything else in the world faded away and you could only focus on the feeling of his fingers intertwined with yours and when he cried you felt indescribable rage. You wanted to tear buildings apart and kill the bullies who had made him cry. But you always controlled yourself for his sake. He was the only thing that mattered in your life.

He still was the only thing that mattered in your life. Now being 16 you knew well you were in love with him. Even back then you could tell. He was the first person to ever be kind to you just for the sake of being kind. He asked if you were okay and you made sure to return the favor everyday. When you were 8 you promised him you would protect him till the day you died. 

You remembered the day you had made that promise,

------------------------

You were walking around town looking for Armin and his friends when you finally saw the blond but he wasn't alone.