The Bet *Plan

• Dedicated to Lori Gaddi

Watch a trailer of The Bet --->

The song is What becomes of a broken hearted by Didi Benami =)

There's a cast on the side, but you can imagine the characters in your head the way you picture them. . .

Happy Reading! :)

Chapter 2 *Plan*

~Drake

October 7, 2010.

The first day of the bet.

I still can’t believe why I agreed to do what Andre wants me to do. I hope nothing will happen in this month. For thirty days, I will court her, and on the thirty first, I will ask her to be my girl friend.

Sophia Taylor, what will I do to make you fall in love with me? I think to myself.

“Draky!” I hear my sister yells my name.

“What?” I call back to her. She walks to my room without knocking, her blue eyes, the same shade as mine, are full of hate. “And stop calling me Draky! My name is Drake.”

She glares at me with all her might. “Why did you eat my cake?”

Oh. That chocolate coated cake I found in the refrigerator yesterday. After class, I was so stressed that I had to find something sweet. And when I saw that cake, I couldn’t help myself but eat it, savoring its delicious taste.

“I didn’t know it was yours,” I explain. “It’s your fault; you put it in the refrigerator without writing your name on it.”

She stomps her feet automatically. “You should have asked first!”

“Whatever.” I roll my eyes at her. “It still is not my fault.”

“It is.”

“Is not.”

“It is!”

“Is not.”

“It is!!” she yells at the top of her lungs.

“Okay, okay.” I raise my hands in surrender. I can’t take her whining anymore, it is so irritating. It was just a piece of cake.

Girls are so annoying. They are creatures that are selfish, immature, envious, war freak, and self conscious. That’s why I've never been in a relationship before; I don’t want to be committed to a girl. I’m tired of their personalities.

I can’t even stand my own sister. I’m not even that close to her, considering we’re twins. Well, we don’t look anything alike, save the eyes. I am older than her by one minute and thirteen seconds. We’re always teasing each other so we just end up annoying one another.

Driana is nothing like me. She’s sweet and kind to everyone, except me. I know how lame that sounds. She’s intelligent, not that I’m not smart. Who am I kidding? I almost flunked one of my subjects when I was a junior.

Driana taps her feet on the floor impatiently, and puts her hands on her hips.

“Don’t act like a girl,” I say, “It's annoying.”

“But I am a girl.” She says, drawing out the word girl .

My head’s starting to throb. “Can you please just leave me alone now?” I have to take a shower and organize my things before going to school. “I’ll buy you a cake later.”