The Bet *Epilogue*

Colliding with Fate is the spin-off (sequel) of The Bet. It's already posted on Wattpad and published by Pop Fiction. Go to My Works to read it. :)

*

Happy Reading! (:

Infinity

~ Sophia

After four years of studying across the country and living in a dorm, it feels good to be back home.

Home. To some, it is a place. To others, it is a person. To a few, it is a feeling. A feeling that wherever you are, whomever you are with, you are home. But remember, home is where the heart is.

Through the years, Draky is my home.

Just thinking about him makes the butterfly in my stomach flutter. We've survived college together. Draky, Andre, Driana and I went to Yale. My friends who are there for good times and in bad. . . Who would have thought we'll attend the same university? It was a great experience. We made every moment count. And we become closer than ever.

Now I'll find a job that will help me grow as an individual and as a young professional. I will finally live in their so called real world.

The ringing of my phone snaps me from my reverie. "Hello," I say, answering it.

"Let's go out," Draky responds. His voice sends electric shock through my body.

"Sure," I say breathlessly. It's exactly a week now that we came home, after graduation. And we almost spend our days together.

"I'll come by at five."

"Okay. See you!" And then we hung up.

I wonder where we will go today. Draky has a lot of secret places. I'm unfolding them one by one, but I know there are more that I haven't seen. While we were studying, we traveled to different places, finding new roads, making new memories. And yes, talking to strangers when we got lost.

While waiting for the time, I grab A Midsummer Night's Dream from my bookshelf and read. A smile forms on my lips as I remember the times when Draky and I had our tutoring session. It's been years! And look at us now, more intact than ever.

Two hours prior the appointed time, I get ready. I'm not sure what we'll do so I wear a dress. It's pale blue, with a fitted bodice. Its skirt is full, the kind that sways when you twirl.

Before the clock strikes five, there's a knock on the front door. Opening it, I see Draky. He still looks the same seventeen year old boy I fell in love with but he has matured as well. He's so handsome I can't believe I can call him mine.

"Staring at someone is rude," he says amusedly.

"There are exceptions to every rule."

He laughs, and it's the best sound in the world. "Fine, you can stare at me as long as you want."

I open my mouth to reply and he kisses me. It's soft and slow, like we're savoring every second. I'm in cloud nine again, floating happily.

We pull away after a minute, and he leans his forehead to mine. "Time to go," he murmurs.

We're both reluctant but we know we have to keep moving.

Draky takes one of my hands as I lock the door behind me. My parents aren't here. They told me that they have to go somewhere.

Hand in hand, we walk to Draky's car. He opens the door for me, and I slide in, buckling my seatbelt.

I thought now that we're together, he'll stop being gallant, but it's so natural to him, like he's born with it. And it's so nice because he engages in chivalrous behavior.