The Bet *Adrenaline

Happy Reading! (:

Chapter 13 *Adrenaline

~Sophia

When I enter the room for my first class, some of my classmates look at me oddly. Maybe they’re wondering why a girl like me can ride in Andre’s car. This is the reason why after arriving in the school, I went directly to the comfort room and stayed there until five minutes before the bell will ring.

I heave a sigh. As Andre said, I should expect this. The good thing is, none of them is brave enough to ask me the question.

As the substitute discusses about the X and Y formula, I can feel the heavy stares at the back of my head. Unfortunately, they can see me because I’m sitting in front. Just perfect for their view.

I feel like I’m in a center stage with a lot of people looking at me expectantly but I’m just staring at them, forgetting my lines and not performing my act.

I’m being paranoid, I know. Glancing to my right, I catch one of my old friends looking curiously at me. I give her a small smile and then she nods in return.

Are my old friends wondering if I now moved on from my bitter past? They must be. Moving on is simple, it’s what you leave behind that makes it so difficult.

Perhaps when he and I broke up, they had a full blast of I told you so. I’m just glad they didn’t say it to me. With a lot of things happened then, I couldn’t stand anything more painfully.

I still remember that day we fought because of him like it was just yesterday, so fresh in my mind. I wonder why the bad memories don’t go away. Is it because to let us remember the hardships we experienced and then maybe when we thought we had enough, we can look back at them and think, I’ve had worse. I can survive again.

When did I become so optimistic?

Shaking my head to clear my thoughts, my gaze turns to my old friend, Elizabeth. Before, she was my closest friend. When I fought with her and our other friends, everything changed. We still talk and say occasional greetings but it’s not the same as before. I don’t even know if they’re still my friends. Sometimes, we avoid eye contact too. I guess they’re still mad at me. Well, I can’t do anything about that. I was the one who got a heart broken and had been alone for a long time. Still, I said sorry to them.

I listen to the substitute to not think of unnecessary things. Unfortunately for me, I already know what she’s discussing so it’s hard to tune out the thoughts that are clouding my mind.

~Drake

Where is the letter T?

All around me are towers of shelves. I didn’t know the Record Section can be this big. Every bookshelf has its own drawers. Looking around again, I search for the letter T; which stands for Taylor.

How minutes have passed since I enter this room? So far, Andre hasn’t given me a signal yet that someone is coming.

Unfortunately, there’s no window in this massive room. That can only mean one thing. If they catch us, there’s no way to escape.

Adrenaline pumps in my blood making me more excited than I already am.

When I open a drawer in the first shelf, there are a lot of envelopes in my line of sight. I wonder how the staff arranges the student’s files. Why isn’t there’s no letter indicated for every shelves and drawers?