The Bet *Surprise

WHOO! 2018 fans! =D Thanks to each and everyone of you <3

Read the A/N at the end of the chapter.

Pay attention to every detail, even if it’s just a minor one. Everything is important.

Happy Reading! (:

Chapter 20 *Surprise*

~Sophia

“Taylor Swift.”

Clever, whoever thinks of putting our last names together. I haven’t even thought of that, even when I had a crush on him before. I didn’t even consider it.

 “Taylor Swift,” a cheerleader says in a singsong voice.

Ignore it Sophia, they’re just bunch of immature seniors. I close my eyes and pretend that I am not here, that I’m somewhere else, and that I’m not experiencing this.

Someone even plays You Belong With Me in their IPod and turn the volume up so that everyone in the room can hear it.

Glancing behind me, I know that he’s not there yet.  They will not play a prank about us if he’s here.

Ugh! I should have just come when the bell rings! I have to endure this teasing for three more minutes. If I go out now, they will be surely happy about it. It just means that I’m affected. In reality, not really. I’m just not used to people noticing me. I’m already a senior but they just become interested in me now since I live in Andre’s house and when I started to talk to Draky. Yes, he’s making my life miserable.

My head snaps to the front of the room when I hear the door opening. Someone turns off their IPod.

Draky walks inside with his hands on his pockets. Girls stop talking about me and stare at him. He bumps some boys’ fist and continues to make his way towards his seat behind me. When he catches my eye, he nods. That’s it. It’s like he’s ignoring me. Okay, whatever. I don’t even like you and besides, I’m angry at you.

The loud ringing of the bell makes me jump in surprise. He even coughs a laugh!

Jeez! Why am I nervous? It’s just an ordinary day, except that Parker is here. What does he mean that I’ll see him later? How many days will he stay here? Where? Perhaps in our house?  My mom won’t mind but. . . Will I be stuck at Andre’s? What’s happening in the house? Why did my parents want me to move out?

Where is Ma’am C? She has not been late, ever. Maybe she’s absent? Maybe something happened to her?

“Sophia.”

I look up to see Parker smiling at me. Parker! I’m about to rub my eyes when he bursts out laughing. My classmates stop whatever they’re doing and stare at him. At me. At us.

He flashes them a smile and takes a seat in front of me.

“Parker,” I whisper.

“Oh, hey Sophia,” he says, as if surprise to see me.

I can’t help but roll my eyes at him. “What are you doing?” I ask. In my classroom?

He ignores my question and looks behind me. “Hi Drake,” he says.

I twist in my chair to see Draky with a furious expression on his face. He got up from the wrong side of the bed in the morning. He doesn’t even greet Parker in return. So impolite!