The Bet *Unexpected

Happy Reading! (:

Chapter 18 *Unexpected*

~Drake

Plip!

Clack!

Plop!

I groan and put a pillow over my head. Still, I can hear it because the kitchen where the sound is coming from is under my room.

“Driana!” I growl.

Swinging my legs off the bed, I stand up and rub the sleep from my eyes. Glancing in the alarm clock beside my bed, I notice it’s just six in the morning. A yawn escapes from my mouth as I stretch my arms in front of me.

I make my way downstairs and walk in the kitchen. Driana is well, Driana.

“What are you doing?” I ask.

She turns around with a scowl on her face. “I told you to make a sound when you enter a room,” she chastises. “As for your question, I’m making a breakfast.”

“Why are you noisy?” I ask irritably.

She rolls her eyes and mutters, “I’m not.”

I shake my head. “What’s for breakfast?” I ask, walking towards her.

“I don’t know to you.”

“You don’t know?” I ask incredulously. “You said you’re making it!”

“Yes, I’m making it, but that doesn’t mean I’m making one for you too.”

Really, my head hurts from talking to her. Besides, I did not have a good night’s sleep. Driana is infuriating. She’s already making a breakfast but she doesn’t want to make me one.

“Selfish,” I say under my breath.

She turns around so fast I step back. “Who’s selfish?”

I shrug. I thought she won’t hear that.

“You’re just lazy,” she snaps. “You want everything to be prepared for you. You don’t care what other people think as long as you’re having fun!”

Her accusation surprised me. “Don’t ever talk to me like that,” I say through clench teeth. “I’m still older than you!”

She scoffs; her face reddens at her outbursts. “By one minute and thirteen seconds.” She’s breathing heavily, her chest rises and falls as she breathes.

In the end, Driana prepares breakfast for two. She cooks sausages and eggs. We eat it on the kitchen counter silently.

After eating, I take a bath and get ready for school. Downstairs, I see her in the living room browsing one of the albums in the shelf. I walk to where she’s standing and look at the picture she’s staring.

My eyes widen when I see Driana and me with goofy smiles on our faces. Below the picture is a caption of:

September 21, the day before the twins tenth birthday.

When we were kids, Driana and I looked a like - same dark hair hair, and blue eyes. We had the same height too. Now, I’m taller than her and my hair is blonde with a few streaks of gold in it. When I get home later, I will dye my hair to its natural color.

Driana is intently staring at the photograph, remembering the old days.

When Driana and I were kids, we used to be close. There were no secrets and we never lied to each other. We used to teamed up in every games, and well, everything. Those days, we were inseparable. We did everything together.