The Bet *Reverse

The song for the chapter is  What the Hell by Avril Lavigne.

Banner by oOMusicJunkieOo

Click the External link on the side to watch a trailer of The Bet <3

Happy Reading! (:

Chapter 16 *Reverse*

~ Drake

Andre has been my best friend since middle school so telling him about my creepy nightmare was not a big deal. Truth be told, I was scared of it. Who wouldn’t, when someone they know wanted to kill them, even if it was just a dream? I shouldn’t be thinking on it so hard. The odds are in my favor. Sophia will not know –

Geez! Even in my mind, I’m calling her Sophia now instead of Pie. The nightmare did strike my nerves!

I lie awake in bed, staring at the ceiling. Glancing at my phone, I see it’s just past three in the morning. I know I will not sleep anymore because of the nightmare I dreamed. Suddenly, I envy Andre who’s sleeping in his room now.

Will Sophia really do that when she finds out about the bet? I don’t think any sane person will do that.

Any sane person will not play with someone’s feelings.

“Whatever,” I mutter. I will do everything I can to win this time.

Pie will get hurt.

Why, will she really fall in love with me? Come on, why do I even doubt myself? Of course she will!

Knowing my subconscious mind will not stop torturing me, I need to have a distraction. What will I do? It’s not even my room so my things aren’t here. Why am I even staying at this house? I guess I have to sleep in our house from now on.

I feel tired, like my energy was sucked out of me, leaving me drain and breathless. Out of nowhere, an idea pops in my head. Why don’t I read a book? A Midsummer Night’s Dream. It will help me in getting good grades and well, a chance in entering a big university.

Swinging my legs off the bed, I go to my desk to get the copy of the play. Unfortunately, it’s not there. Where is it? I open my school bag and take all my things out but I still can’t find it.

I close my eyes and think deeply on the last time I’ve seen it. Yesterday we had Literature but I don’t remember using it. The day before that was Sunday. Driana came here and then Sophia tutored me in the library. In the library! Of course it’s there! Opening my eyes, I can’t believe I’m that careless to leave the play there. What if I’ll need it in school?

Go and get it now!

“Okay boss,” I say dryly. This voice is really getting on my nerves! What will I do to make it stop?

Stop the bet.

“No thanks,” I retort.

It’s your choice.

Am I crazy? Why am I talking to myself? I guess all teenagers experienced this at one point in their life.

I walk out of my room quietly to not disturb Sophia on her sleep. I’m glad she did not wake up when I screamed earlier.

What makes you think that she didn’t hear you?

If she heard me, there’s no doubt that she’ll go to my room immediately. She even told me that she’s comfortable in her room. Perhaps she’s having a wonderful dream right now. Am I explaining this to my subconscious mind, or am I reassuring my self? Either way, I feel normal now.