The Bet *Foolish Heart

There are two songs for this chapter. Rangers by A Fine Frenzy, and You Give Love A Bad Name by Bon Jovi.

Happy Reading! (:

Chapter 31 *Foolish Heart*

~Sophia

“What happened?” Parker asks.

“What are you doing here?” I ask incredulously, ignoring his question.

Parker looks between Draky and me, and he’s smiling slyly. “I sent you a message last night,” he says, ignoring my question. “I said that we’ll hang out today before I go back to school tomorrow.”

“Shoot,” I mutter, slapping my hand on my forehead. “My cell phone isn’t working. It’s low bat.”

“Why don’t you come in and tell us what happened last night?” he says, giving me a meaningful look.

Draky and I enter the threshold and Parker leads us to the living room, like he’s the owner of the house.

“Andre explained your absence while we were waiting for you.”

Andre?

I am surprised when I see Chloe, Driana, and Andre sitting together in the living room. They are all smiling at us. I glance at Draky but he has a confused expression on his face. I can feel the blood rising to my cheeks, flooding my whole face.

“What are you staring at?” Draky asks finally. His eyes move to every faces in the room. His eyes widen when he sees Driana. “What are you doing here?” he demands.

“I slept here,” Driana says, crossing her arms over her chest.

“What?” Draky exclaims.

Andre, Parker, Chloe and I are staring at the twins.

“What about mom?” Draky continues in the same tone. “She slept alone in the house?”

Andre snickers. Parker tilts his head to the side, looking amused watching the twins. Chloe glances hesitantly at Draky and Driana, worried that they’re going to argue.

Driana rolls her eyes. “I’m just kidding,” she says, “I didn’t sleep here. Mom’s at home. The moment I woke up, I went here. Like I said last night, I wanted to talk to Sophia.”

I’m so focused on the situation, I forgot I haven’t brush my teeth yet. So embarrassing!

“Excuse me,” I murmur, “I’m just going to the comfort room.”

“Okay,” Parker says.

Chloe waves her hand and gives me a smile.

I’m like a robot, just going with the motion of making my way upstairs. My feet are heavy. I don’t know what’s happening around me. It feels like my life is moving on while I’m left on the sideline.

So, Andre finally meets Parker; the sub that has a creative mind and doing things unexpectedly. They have some similarities but Parker is real, unlike Andre who’s acting just because of a bet.

Or does he? He isn’t the one playing with me. But he was the one who chose me! What if it wasn’t me? What if it was another girl? Draky will never know me. He’ll never see me. Is it a coincidence or everything happens for a reason?

 I’m so confused! My mind wants to explode with these thoughts running inside my head. I’m tired too; mind, body, and heart.

If the time comes I can’t take it anymore, I’ll drop the game and then I’ll tell them everything I know. WAIT! What am I thinking about? I can’t do that! I shouldn’t forget the pain he caused me. Besides, he’s still playing. I can’t quit. I will not. Never. If one’s to quit, it’s him, not me.