The Bet *Spur of the Moment

The song for the chapter is If The Moon Fell Down Tonight by Dear Juliet *Chase Coy*. Banner by miranda1995 :>

Happy Reading! (:

Chapter 43 *Spur of the Moment*

~Drake

It feels so good to be in love. Cheesy as it may sound, I love the feel of her arms around my neck. She snuggles close, and it makes my hold on her tighter. I bury my face on her hair, inhaling her scent. Being in this position, I want to stop the time and just freeze everything else. I want to be with her as long as I live. The stupid bet is so far from us now. Everything is perfect. It's like living in a fairy tale, and I'm just waiting for my happily ever after.

"Drake," she murmurs.

She called me by my real name. I don't know why that makes me nervous. "Yes?" I whisper back.

I can hear the smile on her voice as she says, "Nothing. I just like the sound of your name on my lips."

A smile makes its way onto my mouth, lighting my whole face. "Listen to my heart," I say, pulling her to my chest, as if there's still space between us, "It beats for you, chanting your name again and again. Sophia, Sophia. Sophia."

She chuckles, her eyes twinkling in amusement. They're as enchanting as the stars above us.

That makes me think back of the time when she asked me what I wanted to be and I told her, star. This is the perfect time to give her the explanation behind that.

"Drake," she says, before I can open my mouth. "I lo-"

"Wake up!"

Startled, I bolt up right. Taking in my surroundings, I feel disappointed and sad at the same time. That was all a dream. That didn't happen.

It did.

Well, only in my dream.

I wonder why my subconscious mind is not its usual snarky self. I can hear him smirking after that. Weird, how can I hear myself smirk?

It's because you're a goner.

You mean we.

Hallelujah! Finally, he admits to himself that he's a goner for Sophia.

I don't know what to respond to that. Again, my subconscious mind makes me speechless.

"I see you're having your inner conversation."

"What?" I ask, whipping around to see Driana with an amused look on her face. "What are you doing here?"

She rolls her eyes as she says, "If you forgot, the first period starts at eight. And if you haven't noticed, it's seven thirty."

"What?" I ask incredulously. How can I be oblivious? "Why didn't you wake me?!"

"I guess you overslept even with your alarm clock waking the whole town. It must have been a good dream." She pauses and smiles playfully. "You're even drooling."

"I'm not," I say. I don't know why I don't like to deny that it was a good dream indeed.

"And as for your question," she continues, "If you haven't realized, perhaps because you're still dazed with your fantasy, I just woke you up."

"Thank you," I mutter. You even woke me at the wrong time. And now I'm left wondering what could Pie possibly say. My beloved twin sister interrupted it.