Part 1

He was standing in front of the monster. Everyone was dead. He was the only survivor. Kim rok soo gasped as he came back to reality. He sighed when he realized that he had dozed off while working. The nightmares which plagued him ever after the incident had never left him. Never giving his mind a moment of peace.

Kim Rok Soo was in his office working when Kim Min Ah barged in and shouted "Come on team leader take a break." Kim rok soo was startled on hearing this.

He was going to refuse but another of his colleague too came and they both dragged him with them.

He sighed and decided to give in to their request as he had been doing work from the morning non-stop and they did have a point. Besides, he felt that a break would help him relax from the nightmare he had. So he allowed himself to be dragged with them into a coffee shop. Then they all sat down in the nearest place they could find and ordered coffee.

"See team leader this is not too bad right?" asked Kim Min Ah while they were waiting for their orders. Rok soo just glanced at her with his usual stoic expression.

"Team leader, why don't you speak with us ?" whined the other. But rok soo just sighed and looked away.

They both had worked with the team leader for a long time and knew that their team leader cared for every single person despite keeping a stoic face.

In fact, rok soo was immersed in his own thoughts. Ever since their death, he had always distanced himself from other people in order to not get hurt. Despite that Kim min ah and the other person had stuck by him constantly. Even though he would never admit it aloud he trusted them. But not enough to open up and talk comfortably with them as he was afraid of losing the people who were close to him. Time and again he had been left alone and he felt as if he didn't have the courage to get close to anyone anymore.

Kim min ah and the other person were talking about most of their recent monster hunts while drinking their coffee. Kim min ah then leaned and whispered to the other person, "I don't think anything we do could make the team leader cheerful right?"

The other person nodded and said, "I wish the team leader would talk to us more often and not distance himself from us. He usually only hears about our problems but never talks to us about his own problems."

They both turned to look at rok soo who was just staring blankly at the window. Seeing this they both sighed and were about to call him when suddenly they heard a scream.