Part 19

I'm baack!! Exams are over for now!! (つ≧▽≦)つ

So the next chapter with the new cover. (Credits to the artist!!!!!!)

Hope you enjoy reading!!

-----------------------------

Rok soo scowled at seeing the guards rushing at him.

'Should I use it after all?' he thought about bringing out the shield.

Rok soo heard the glutton's voice in his head telling him to go all out and that they would be safe.

He felt the power of the shield within him the vitality of the heart and the shield's ancient power making his heart beat faster. He felt the warmth of the power in his heart.

Rok soo looked at all the guards that were approaching him and Cale sure that the glutton's shield would protect them. 

He thought about using the shield to defend against all of them but considering how many guards were there some might be able to get through his defense which wouldn't be safe for Cale. If anyone were to get through the defense Cale would be in danger and he didn't want to risk it.

He thought about teleporting from the room itself but remembered the magic restrictions placed to protect the royal family from any possible attacks. He had to get outside then they would be able to teleport wherever possible or he could ask the children to go with Cale while he fought off the guards.

'Hah, I probably will have to fight. But let's hope that it does not come to that.'

He decided on the plan to analyze the distance and speed with which he could get out. He released his dominating aura making everyone in the hall freeze and in that moment kicked the guards out of his way and sped to the doors of the halls where the children with Raon would be waiting.

If he was able to reach in time they Raon would immediately teleport them. Putting a little more speed in his strides he reached the doors of the hallway. But as he did so he felt a person grabbing him.

The kittens came rushing to greet them and he gave the packet to On whom he knew must have grasped the situation. She looked at him her eyes trembling, "Stay safe" she mouthed.

Seeing this he smiled nodding. Once near the door, Raon floated Cale promising that he would return soon to get his Dad, and once the light of the teleportation was gone Rok soo heaved a sigh of relief. They could have teleported together safely if they weren't being chased.

He could stay hidden somewhere till Raon came. He turned back to kick off whoever it was.

*stab*

"Urk" but all his thoughts flew out of his head when he felt a deep pain on the side of his stomach. 

"Hah," he breathed harshly as he looked back to see the trembling face of the guard whom he had knocked out before. He cursed at his carelessness and prayed that the dragon would keep his word.