Peter Parker, the idiot who got himself killed

Peter

Heyyyyyyy...Ned?

I promise I didn't get stabbed, but I need your help...

I may have maybe,

ᵇᵉᵉⁿ ˢʰᵒᵗ

???

Hello?

Who is this?

And what do you mean shot?

Peter

Ned, I know your angry but dude

I'm bleeding out here

HELP. ME.

???

Ummm, I'm not Ned but you should definatley go to a hospital if you actually got shot

How are you even texting right now

Peter

Oh, I'm so sorry to bother you sir/ma'am or not Ned ( which ever you prefer )

and trust me, texting is becoming VERY difficult :(

???

GO TO THE FREAKING HOSPITAL, NOW!

Peter

I caaaaaan't

Too expensive

And besides, I'll be fine....

Eventually😂

???

No, this is serious

why are you laughing???

you need to get help

Peter

....

???

Hello?!

Strange person!?

God, well R.I.P

Peter's POV

I dropped my phone, trying desperately to calm my senses that were rapidly going into overdrive. My vision was blurry and I could almost feel the blood pouring out of me. Scratch that, I could definately feel it. The alley I had picked to, apparently die in, was actually one of the nicer ones in Queens. Trash littered the ground but only towards the opening. In the deepest part of the alley, I sat amongst abandoned items obviously to unimportant for anyone to care about. Me dying would only add to this graveyard, becoming one with the slowly rotting and forgotten things. I didn't want that. I wanted to go home and eat Aunt May's terrible and probably burnt dinner, double check my homework was done, then jump into bed and wait for morning. Like a normal teenager would. But I wasn't normal. Peter Parker, a boy who had too many responsibilities and wouldn't trade them for the world. Peter Parker, the idiot who got himself killed. I imagined the short amount of people I loved standing over my grave and crying, I couldn't let that happen.
Slowly I pulled myself from my thoughts, slamming back into a world of pain. I didn't like this world, but it was all I had so I pushed forward. I managed a crouching position before my stomach caved in on itself, atleast I thought it did. Shadows  were my childhood monsters coming to drag me into the pits of death, getting frustrated when I refused. I needed light. I could see it, the tinge of orange casting an eery glow on the opening to my could be grave. Only twenty feet away. It teased me like one would with a dog, disappearing only to return as someone walked by, oblivious to what was lurking just beyond the darkness.
I knew what I had to do, if I made it to the light I could find help, I just had to get there.

"Come on, Come on" I groaned hoping some self motivation would propell me forward. It helped, but only a little. Finally I managed to haul my excrutiating painful body into the open street. The light saturated me until I was oozing with adrenaline, I felt stronger and less sore than I did mere seconds ago

"Ka-Karen, where do I go?" Leaving the calculations to my clear headed AI was definately one of my better plans. All my concentration was pulled towards not passing out, so I didn't think twice about her instructions

"You cannot go to a hospital, Peter. You have seven broken ribs, three deep lacerations, a broken ankle and two gun shot wounds in your abdomin. The best course of action is to go to Avenger's Tower and request assistance" I recognised the roads I was taking as I had traveled them many times before. What? The view from Avenger's Tower is beautiful. As the massive structure came into view I felt something other than crushing pain in my stomach. I had butterflies, if that was even possible at a time like this. What if they refused to help me? Turned me away like some disgusting piece of trash? Stop, you can't think like that. Why not? It's the truth, you are trash. No your not, you dedicated your life to saving people, if anything your a role model. Yeah and look where that got you.
As my inner demon and angel fought, I placed a web wrong and heard the sickening Pop of my shoulder dislocating. I winced even though it felt like a pinch compared to the constant pain in my stomach and literally everywhere else.

"I have hacked into FRIDAY, you are clear to land" I thanked her breathlessly as I came crashing down onto the heli-pad. I screamed, black spots dancing across my vision, only increasing when I tried to banish them. I began crying, although I was surprised I had kept it together this long

"Your nothing Spider-Man. You can't even save the people you love, how are you supposed to save the city!" The villain's words from earlier bounced around my already clouded brain. I had managed to save the city, but could I save myself? Did I really want to?

"What the hell- Spider-Man!?" I was vaguely aware of Tony Stark's voice yelling my name, but everything was so fuzzy, I just wanted to sleep. I began to close my eyes, welcoming the peaceful darken- No! I can't, I have to stay awake

"Heeeey, Iro-Iron Man" I tried to play it cool but blood was dripping down my chin in a steady stream and I began to choke

"Oh, god! Wha-What happened. Bruce!" He akwardly knelt down next to me as I rolled my mask up an inch and sprayed the scarlett liquid onto the concrete. The night was thick in the silence that followed. Tony checked me over while I lay still, breathing heavily.

"Tony? what is i- Oh my god, what happened?!" What happened next came in chunks. Karen telling me she wouldn't let them remove my mask, being dragged inside, audible gasps from who I assumed were the rest of the Avengers, bright lights and finally someone telling me I could rest. I gladly complied and soon I was engulfed by the very darkness I had fought so hard to avoid.

To be Continued...

Sorry about the cliffhanger, but I'm running out of ideas and want to stretch this one out until I have a new chapter idea to write. :)

-The Author