Like freaking dams

Tony had managed to drag himself up to the living-area level of Avenger's Tower after 24 long hours of 'experimenting'. He was running purely on 14-16 cups of coffee, he'd lost count, and was simultaneously energised and exhausted.  His high was beginning to fall as he stepped foot into the kitchen, planning to bypass it completely and find safe-haven in his room.
The kitchen looked the same as it usually did behind his hooded eyes. White cabinets and even whiter counters spread out across the L-shaped space, a chaotically big pile of dishes was expertly stacked in the sink, waiting patiently for Steve to get bored enough to clean them. Tony was so drained he almost missed the doe-eyed teen sitting at the bench.
"Oh, hey Pete," He waved sloppily at Peter as he passed, though the boy payed him no interest. Tony halted in his mission to get to bed and turned to fully face the kid, coming to rest against the parallel side of the bench. 
"Pete," Tony waited, "Peter?" He waved a hand in front of his face. 
"Whaaaaatttt?" Peter huffed, staring at Tony in irritation.
"Why are you staring at," Tony looked behind him to find the focus of Peter's previous gaze, "Whatever you were staring at?" He turned back to Peter only to watch him drop his face into his arms. 
"I wasn't staring at anything," He repositioned himself so his eyes could meet Tony's, "I was trying to cry."
Tony looked at him blankly as he held back a yawn.
"Pete, why were you trying  to cry? Normally, you would try not to cry. See the difference buddy?" 
"Yes Mr. Stark, I see the difference," He lifted his head back up, "I just really need to cry, but my eyes won't do it. They're acting like freaking dams." He huffed in frustration, throwing his arms in the air.
"You see the difficulty, right?" He asked,
"I definitely see something." Tony replied, crossing his arms. A smile split Peter's face and his eyes lit up with an idea,
"I know! Will you tell me a sad story. Please?" He begged, looking up at Tony with puppy eyes.
"Kid, I'm not going to make you cry. Even I have some morals." Tony dismissed him, moving to leave.
"Mr. Stark, pllllleaseeee? I'll never ask you for anything ever again!" 
"Somehow I find that doubtful," Tony said, still leaving, "Sorry Pete." 
"That's okay, I'll just get Clint to hit me or something." Peter sighed. Tony paused, facing the hallway, he ran a hand down his face and sighed, "I'm too tired for this shit." 

Another short one, sorry.
- Author