Carpool

Tony's POV

The end of the school day was approaching and I smiled knowing today was Happy's day off and I would get to pick up Pete. Standing from my overloaded workspace I yanked my keys down from their place on the wall and quickly shuffled down to the garage humming my little tune. I felt so idiotic. I only got about ten feet before I came face to face with Nat who was eyeing me rather suspiciously

"What's gotten you so happy?" She questioned. I felt interrogated and the smile on my face immediately vanished

"I'm going to Peter's school, Happy has the day off and I can't just leave the kid there. The place still gives me nightmares." Natasha stared at me before smiling. wow, a smile.

"I'm coming" She turned on her heel and started off down the hall towards the elevator. I groaned but followed not wanting an argument. The elevator appeared as we rounded a corner and I let out a breath, thinking up an excuse that Nat would believe. I shrieked as Clint popped his head down directly in front of me, I considered pulling him from the vents and dumping him on the ground.

"Where are you two going?" He asked in a sing-song voice. I sighed, knowing he would want to come too.

"No-where, and is it too much to ask you to use the floor like everyone else Birdbrain?" He frowned, or smiled, from this angle it was hard to tell. He looked to Natasha and I prayed she wouldn't tell him.

"We're going to get Peter" She shrugged walking past him. I facepalmed as Clint let out an exaggerated gasp, putting his hand over his heart in mock offense and falling from the ceiling in the process. He landed in a heap at my feet.

"Without me?" He screeched, scrambling to his feet. At the sudden loud noise, the door to our right cracked open and Steve peaked his head out looking curious. Great, another one. 

"What are they doing without you? Tony, I thought I told you to include everyone?!" Steve stepped out of his room, placing his hands on his hips and looking at me sternly. 

"I just wanted to pick Peter up from school!" I threw my hands up, exasperated. At the mention of Peter, Steve removed his stern look and replaced it with a smile.

"Oh, can I come?" He asked, I groaned and started walking to Natasha who was waiting for the elevator. 

"Why don't we just invite everyone? Make it a party?" I joked. Steve, though, did not note the sarcasm and pulled out his phone. I clenched my teeth and glared at him as I felt my phone buzz in my pocket. Less than a minute after, Thor appeared around the corner, pop tart in hand. 

"This box is buzzing?! Why?!" He questioned, walking up to me and shoving his phone in my face, taking a bite of his pop tart. I rubbed my temple, reminding myself that these were my friends and I didn't actually want to kill them. The elevator dinged signaling its arrival, the doors parted and I stuck my arm out holding them open. Nat stepped inside and crossed her arms, smirking at my irritation. 

"Okay, everyone in!" I said, knowing I would regret it. One by one we all filed in. The ride to the garage was quiet for about ten seconds.

"Stop pushing me!" Clint whined to Thor. Thor looked offended and finished his pop tart before answering.

"I am not!" He declared. Clint frowned and folded his arms like an upset child.

"You were!" He said in defense

"I was not!" Thor said. This set off a back-and-forth argument. I simply looked up and took a deep breath. Three minutes later ( It's a big Tower ) we arrived in the garage, finally. Walking over to the biggest car I had, Nat followed beside me and everyone else trailed behind, Thor and Clint still squabbling like siblings. It took another five minutes to squeeze into the car, and then Tony realized there was no room for Peter to actually be picked up.

"Everybody out!" He sighed, before scanning the floor for a more suitable vechile. Eventually, he found a Mini-Van which he had thought had been disposed of a very long time ago. 

"Okay, is everyone ready?" He looked back at them, eyebrow raised in a threat. Nat just nodded still smirking, Clint crossed his arms and huffed a yes as Thor nodded enthusiastically beside him. I looked to Steve who sat in the passenger seat, he reassured me he was fine.

"Great, let's go!" I was just happy to leave. My foot had only just left the brake when Steve screamed at me to stop. I whipped my head round in anger

"What! What the hell is wrong Steve!?" He shrunk under my gaze

"I just wanted to check if everyone had their seatbelts on" He whispered. I had never been so close to strangling someone, my hands twitched and I breathed through my nose. I slowly turned my gaze back to the front and started driving. The air was tense and I could practically feel Natasha's need to laugh behind me. Steve was twiddling his thumbs next to me, literally. It took 15 minutes to get to Peter's school, and by the time we did he was the only student left standing outside. I pulled into the pick-up bay and he eyed the car cautiously, not seeing me behind the wheel. As I approached where he was waiting he started walking in the opposite direction. 

"Where is he going?" Steve asked, looking really confused

"He thinks we're kidnappers" I laughed from behind the wheel, deciding to use this. I followed Peter slowly as he rounded the corner anxiously glancing behind him. When he saw us he sped up, so did I. When it became obvious I was following him he took off running, I copied his pace, following him around corners and down streets. In the back Clint was hysterical and Thor just looked confused.

"Do think he's going to realize?" Steve asked, looking like he pitied the boy. As he said that Peter pulled out his phone, still running, and seconds later my phone began to ring. The contact read 'Spider-Kid' and I laughed answering the call.

"Pete? Where are you kid? I'm at the school" I asked, Clint was struggling not to laugh as Peter looked behind him again.

"Yeah, uh. Mr. Stark? I think someone is trying to kidnap me" I held my breath but Clint failed and burst out laughing

"Mr. Stark?!"  

"Sorry, Clint's being annoying. Can you see who it is?" I asked, turning another corner as Peter sped up. He looked back and squinted

"Uh no. I can't" He said, sounding out of breath.

"Your running right? So slow down and try and see. I'll be there in two minutes" I said hanging up. Peter listened and began slowing down, the moment he saw me he stopped and I pulled over beside him. 

"Need a ride?" I asked, Steve shook his head apologizing as Peter just stood there glaring.

"Wha- I thought you guys were kidnappers! Mr. Stark!" He crossed his arms and glared harder

"Come on kid, get in," I said, he just shook his head

"Peter come on. I'm sorry, I shouldn't have tried to kidnap you. Now get in" I tried, he stared for a little before sighing and climbing in. Clint yelped as Peter crawled over him and sat in the back seat, waving at Nat who smiled back and whacked Clint over the head saying he was a big baby. 

"Are we going somewhere?" Peter questioned, noticing the amount of avengers present. I shook my head

"Nope," I said, he furrowed his eyebrows as I pulled out and merged into the street. 

"Then why -"

"Don't question it, okay?" 

Have a good day :)