chapter 20

Monday, 22nd July

---

"Hey, you ready?", Amelia grinned at her best friend, who was trying to fix his tie.

"Woah, your bump looks so huge in that dress, you're so beautiful!", Owen complimented her softly as she came over to finish what he had started. His hands found her stomach.

"Well, I am carrying two kids in case you haven't noticed.", the brunette joked.

"I cannot wait for next week's appointment. I need to know the sexes!", her ex-husband replied dreamily.

"Owen, focus! You shouldn't be thinking about your nieces or nephews on your wedding day. Aren't you excited? Are you nervous?", the neurosurgeon questioned.

"Very excited, kinda nervous.", the redhead quickly replied, his hands still busy caressing her belly.

"You've got this! This is your biggest dream coming true. You'll be married to your soulmate after the ceremony.", Amelia smiled. "See you at the altar!"

---

"Do you, Theodora Grace Altman, take Owen Hunt as your lawfully wedded husband, to have and to hold, from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love until death do you part?", the priest asked.

"I do!", Teddy beamed as she stared into her fiancé's eyes.

"And do you, Owen Hunt, take Theodora Grace Altman as your lawfully wedded wife, to have and to hold, from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love until death do you part?", the priest questioned again.

Silence.

Three minutes of silence and a very uncomfortable atmosphere filled with expectations.

Quiet muttering between the guests.

Then, a choice. And a loud sigh.

"I should want to, but I am sorry. I cannot marry you when my heart belongs to someone else.", Owen admitted and let go of the cardio surgeon's hands to run over to Amelia, who stood up from her seat in the first row, and kiss her passionately. "I don't care whose genes these babies have; I am the one who took care of their mama and them and I am their father. I don't want to be Uncle Owen!", he pointed out.

"What are you doing?", his best friend softly wanted to know.

"The right thing.", the trauma surgeon replied confidently.

"Took you long enough!", Brody shared his serious opinion. "Let's leave then, shall we?", he suggested nonchalantly. "You know, before everyone who hates us now acts on it...", he added.

Silence.

Amelia just stared up into Owen's eyes as every single person in the room watched them.

They expected her to tell him off. She knew they did.

But could she?

Her head said no but her heart was filled with nothing but love for him.

They expected her to tell him off.

All of them. And they would end up hating her if she didn't.

All of them.

All of them but one.

"Let's go, let's go! I'll drive the getaway car!", Derek informed, letting Brody climb on his back, and waiting for his sister to take her best friend's hand, which she finally did. Then, the four of them left the chapel and got into the neurosurgeon's vehicle.

"Where are we going?", the redhead wondered. They didn't really have a plan, did they? Up until the second he made the choice; he hadn't expected himself to actually blow his own wedding. Sure, he had thought about it, but he never knew he could do it.

"WAIT, STOP THIS CAR RIGHT NOW!", Amelia demanded. "We are going back there, and you apologize and marry Teddy!"

"I am not in love with her, Ames! I don't want to marry her.", her best friend argued. "Even if you don't want to be with me, I will not get married to a woman I only love as a friend. Why won't you trust me about my feelings for you?"

"I think I just needed to hear you say it again once and for all.", his ex-wife answered and breathed out in relief before she crashed her lips onto his and waved her hand for Derek to start driving again.

"We still don't know where we are going.", her brother pointed out.

"Home. We are going home.", his nephew decided with a satisfied grin on his face.

-----

a/n: The moment we've all been waiting for...so many ideas about what should have happened and me sitting here, knowing very well who ruins the wedding. :D 20 chapters of slow burn-Omelia...that was SO HARD!