chapter 28

Wednesday, 7th June

- Brody: 13 (story picture)

- Elleny & Noah: 4 years, 5 months (mini Amelias)

- Leo (I had to, not sorry at all): 3 years, 6 months (Leo)

- Mila: 1 year (mini Owen)

- Lola: 5 years (doggo)

---

"Mhm, hi!", Owen greeted his wife at work as he joined her in her office and hugged her from behind with his hands accidentally grabbing her breasts through her scrubs.

"Stop that, I am horny enough already!", Amelia scolded him casually, actually very much enjoying the feeling of him touching her. It was hard to manage to find time for sex in their busy surgeon lives with three toddlers, a baby and a teenager.

"Okay.", the redhead agreed but still sucked on her neck, causing her to tilt her head to give him more access. "The kids were so slow this morning.", he complained. "I had planned on taking them to daycare sooner, so we could have some time for ourselves, but Brody wouldn't get up and therefore missed his bus, ending in me having had to drive him to Eliza and Parker and you know what it's like to get the other four ready in the morning."

"Well, you did great at your fatherly duties, though!", the neurosurgeon reassured her husband and turned around in his arms to kiss him. "Do I see fresh coffee?", she questioned once she looked behind him at her desk.

"Yep, how else are we supposed to survive the upcoming two-hour-conference?", Owen wondered. "I do have to keep my promise, though.", he realized. "Here's a kiss from Leo, who started it all.", he began, pecking his wife's lips. "Two from the twins.", he continued. "One from Brody.", he informed her. "And I guess, Mils wants to join the party as well.", he figured, kissing her one last time, and making her smile.

"Shepherd, can you look at-", Teddy was about to ask as she walked into her colleague's office but stopped herself upon seeing the couple kiss. "Sorry.", she apologized, rolling her eyes. After the wedding fiasco five years ago, the blonde was able to be civil with them at work around other people, but other than that still hated Owen and Amelia for what they'd done and gladly let them feel it at parties or in the attendings' lounge.

"Sure!", the brunette nodded. "Dr. Hunt, I'll see you in the conference room in five minutes.", she signaled her husband to better leave.

"You can call him Owen, it's not like you didn't marry him two weeks after he left me at the altar.", the cardio surgeon snapped. "Just look at the scans."

"I am just trying to be nice to you, but you won't let me.", Amelia softly argued, taking the tablet from the other woman, and looking at it.

"Yeah, well, in my eyes you'll always be the whore who he only got together with because I didn't get pregnant fast enough and you did by screwing around.", the blonde pointed out. "Without the kids you would be nothing but a good fuck for Owen and you'll realize that in a few months when he'll leave you for another woman, he can have more babies with."

"Okay, how about you leave my office and ask either Derek or Tom Koracick, who'll be finally back to working here after helping out with my tumor a few years ago, to take over that case? Us working together is clearly not a good idea!", her colleague sighed.

"No, I much rather insult the slut who stole my fiancé from me while sharing my patient with her. Honestly Amelia, even without the tumor you are still batshit-crazy and if I may say so, really ugly.", Teddy continued.

"Excuse me grandma?!", Brody could be heard from the door. "I don't know who took your eyesight, but the only...well, let me call it, hideous person in this office is you. Meanwhile, my mom looks like a snack, so how about you drag your old ass outta here? My dad is in love with my mom, you should be over it five years later."

"One thing is obvious!", the cardio surgeon said. "You raised this boy because if he was my son, he wouldn't be talking to adults like he does."

"Nah, only to dumbasses who insult my mom.", the thirteen-year-old explained. "Now I think you have a conference to get to. Bye!"

"You are naughty.", his mother chuckled.

"So is she! If I were you, I'd talk to my boss about how the bitch has been treating me for years.", her son advised.

"No, I still feel guilty.", the neurosurgeon shrugged. "Anyway, I gotta attend said conference as well as anyone else. What's up? I thought dad drove you to Parker's?"

"Yes, but we'd like to go swimming and took the bus here, so I could get some money.", the blonde shared.

"I just gave you twenty dollars last week!", Amelia reminded him.

"I can't remember.", Brody lied with a huge innocent grin on his face.

"What did you spend it on?", his mom questioned seriously, but already looked through her purse for her wallet. "Here you go, twenty more dollars but that's it for a few days!"

"Thank you!", the teenager beamed, giving her a huge kiss on the cheek and was about to leave.

"Mister, answer the question!", the brunette demanded.

"Dad and I went to the video games store when you and the others were napping on Saturday, but you haven't heard it from me!", the boy grinned. "See ya!"

"Have fun!", his mother yelled for him to hear once he had left and muttered to herself: "I hope it's a fun game at least." She couldn't deny how much she enjoyed playing video games with her son and husband and therefore couldn't really be mad at them.