chapter 26

Saturday, 27th July

---

"Hey, Michael!", Amelia smiled at her friend, who had texted her earlier to request a visit. "How are you?", she asked as they hugged.

"Good. You are glowing! What about you?", the blonde complimented her as she let him into the house. "Oh, and who are you?", he grinned once Lola jumped him by resting her front paws against his legs.

"Fine, too.", the neurosurgeon answered. "That's Lola, our puppy. Do you want to drink anything?"

"I'd like a water, thank you so much!", Michael replied and sat down on the couch. "You said Owen is taking your son to a friend's house? Where's his girlfriend?"

"Right here.", the brunette told him as she took a seat next to him and placed two glasses filled with water onto the table.

"You got the man!", her friend exclaimed in excitement.

"I got the man.", Amelia confirmed as she nodded and beamed. "He actually left her at the wedding."

"Ouch!", the blonde chuckled. "You deserve this! I hope he is treating you well!"

"Thank you! He is. I wouldn't want to change our lives for anything, which brings me to my question. Why are you he-", his friend was about to question when her boyfriend came home.

"Hey, babe! Oh, hello?", the redhead greeted them both.

"Owen, this is Michael. Michael, Owen.", his girlfriend introduced the men.

"Hi, Michael!", the trauma surgeon said, taking off his shoes and then realizing. "Wait...Michael? As in...", he wondered and swallowed heavily.

"Yes, I am the one who got Amelia pregnant. But no worries, I am not here to claim my sperm that has changed into your kid. I won't pretend to be something I am not. Since you two are back together, I can obviously be sure it's having a dad too and it won't ever be me. So, please stop looking at me like you are about to break, it's your baby.", the blonde quickly explained.

"Thank God!", Owen sighed, sitting down next to Amelia, and wrapping her in his arms before he kissed her head. "Well, if you aren't here to fight me for the babies, why are you here then?", he questioned in confusion.

"To check on my friend.", Michael responded softly. "The last time we had sex was months ago and the only thing she texted me ever since was that she's pregnant. I don't want kids, but my message was arrogant and uncalled for and I was left in the dark about the fact that you two are back together, not that it totally interests me."

"But?", the redhead wondered.

"But it wasn't too long ago that Amelia cried in my arms about you being in a relationship with another woman. And then I just felt bad. I thought she didn't really have anyone and has to handle this by herself. So yeah, I am just here to check on my friend and apologize for my reaction.", the man shrugged.

"That's really kind, thanks!", the trauma surgeon smiled gratefully. The second he had figured out who his counterpart was, he had expected this situation to end in a fight, but he was glad it didn't.

"Thank you so much, Michael!", his girlfriend beamed.

"Wait a second...", the blonde thought out loud, reflecting on the conversation. "Owen, did you say babies? How many monsters did I knock you up with?"

"Twins.", Amelia giggled and heard her boyfriend chuckle.

"I would like to apologize deeply.", her friend replied. "Just joking, you two seem rather happy about it. So, are my swimmers female or male?"

"Both. We've got our Elleny and our Noah.", Owen answered, his face lighting up at the thought of his children.

"Nice! Okay then, great meeting you, Owen! Glad you're okay, Amelia! I gotta go.", Michael announced. "Oh, and Owen?", he turned around at the door. "Without knowing the other one, you definitely picked the better and right woman. Bye!"

"See you!", his friend grinned.

"That was...actually kinda cool. I thought I'd have to beat him up but he's really nice.", her boyfriend pointed out.

"He is.", she agreed with a nod. "And I told you, he's not available for childcare.", she chuckled.

"Obviously not. I don't even think he notices the way he talks about kids, but boy does he hate them.", the redhead started laughing.

"Owen?", the neurosurgeon began nervously. "We are finally doing it. We are finally building our life. And I am still pregnant and scared as hell...but let's get married, adopt Brody together and have those five kids we've always dreamed of!"

"I...", her boyfriend tried to answer but couldn't.

"Oh...", Amelia sadly swallowed and glanced at the floor while tears filled her eyes. "Okay, then."

"Why do you always ask me to marry you! I had this planned out!", he whined.

"You did?", his girlfriend questioned.

"Of course! Let's get freaking married and have those kids!", Owen beamed, walked towards her and passionately kissed her.