chapter 33

Friday, 9th June

- Brody: 13

- Elleny & Noah: 4 years, 5 months

- Leo: 3 years, 7 months

- Mila: 1 year

- Lola: 5 years (doggo)

---

"DADDY!", Brody screamed once his dad walked inside his grandma's apartment after she had opened the door for him.

"Hey, love!", Owen greeted the boy and lifted him into his arms to hug him and kiss his head. He looked like he'd been crying.

"We saw it on TV! Where's mama?", the thirteen-year-old wondered sadly. "Did he kill her?"

"Do you think I'd be here right now if he did? She's alive but he shot her in the shoulder.", the redhead honestly shared and noticed his kid hide his face in his neck. "She'll be okay."

"What's with Leo, Millie, Noah, and Ellie?", the teenager questioned as he continued sniffling.

"The twins were with mom when it happened, but she made them run away, so they are basically fine, just scared. Mila and Leo were with me and Alex. Nothing happened to them.", his father explained. "Mom, would you like to join us at home?"

"I would absolutely love that.", Evelyn smiled at her son. "Is Amelia with the kids?"

"Yeah, thankfully she took the van this morning. My car is still in the parking lot. She can't drive by herself with a hurt shoulder. Buddy, go get your things!", the trauma surgeon ordered.

"Mommy!", Brody yelled as he noticed his mother waiting for him next to the van.

"Gently, sweetheart!", his grandma reminded him before he could crash into her daughter-in-law.

"Hi, cutie pie!", Amelia beamed at her oldest child and hugged him with her left arm.

"Do you need me to run you a nice bath? Or share my candy with you? Because I'd do anything for you!", the young blonde informed her.

"You're super sweet! Some Brody cuddles would be enough for now though.", the neurosurgeon answered.

Once at home, Owen made sure his wife was laying in bed and relaxing while all the kids and Lola were with her to snuggle and he took care of dinner together with his mom.

---

The next morning, they all drove to the hospital to visit Teddy, who had been out of surgery since some time at night. The blonde was lucky to be alive but stable and awake.

"Hey!", she greeted the Hunts, when Amelia and Owen walked in with the kids. What surprised her was that even Brody had come.

"Hi, Teddy!", they all said. "How are you feeling?", the neurosurgeon wondered softly.

"I'm holding up.", the blonde responded with a smile while the redhead set up the kids with some toys. "I'm sorry I wasn't able to keep my promise of doing whatever it takes to make sure you get out safely."

"Are you kidding? What you did for me and my children yesterday...I can never thank you enough! He would have killed all of us and you didn't hesitate for a second before you helped us.", her colleague explained. "I am so incredibly grateful to you!"

"When he shot me...the only thing I had in mind was asking you for your forgiveness. I didn't get the chance...so, I might as well do it now.", Teddy announced and watched Owen wrap his arm around Amelia. "Do you think you have it in you to forgive me for how I have been treating you the past five years? You didn't deserve any of it."

"Definitely!", the couple smiled.

"And I am very sorry for being so naughty to you all the time.", Brody meddled as he walked over to the bed and gently grasped the blonde's hand. "I was just trying to protect my parents, especially my mom."

"I know, sweetie!", the cardio surgeon smiled at him.

"I am glad all of us are good!", the trauma surgeon beamed and kissed Amelia's head.

----- 

A/n: That was an amazing story to write and I hate a lot of fun! Thank you all for joining me and Omelia on their journey to being parents! :)