Chapter 5

Note- HAPPY BIRTHDAY MONDO 06/09/21!

As I headed back to the kitchen. I felt someone touch my shoulder.

"Oh hey Korekiyo", I noted.

"Hey, you feeling better?", Korekiyo asked.

I nodded in response. He smiled at me. He lead me to his room.

"I wanted to discuss about birthdays", Korekiyo told.

"Huh?", I asked confused.

Was it someone's birthday?

"Well, since you're new I need to write your birthday down", Korekiyo told.

"It's only July 20th", I told confused.

(A/N: timespan is July XXXX)

"But I'm August 31st", I told.

"Ah so next month", Korekiyo noted.

I nodded.

"Kokichi's birthday's tomorrow", Korekiyo realized.

"Ah. Cool...!", I told.

Someone knocked on the door. So I opened it.

"Ah, just the person I need to speak to..!"

"Greetings Mikan, cone in", Korekiyo said.

So she went inside.

"Both Daiya and Mondo asked me to test something with you Taka...!", Mikan told.

I began to grow a little nervous.

"It doesn't have to do with anything medical. I just need you to answer what you know applies to you on this piece of paper", Mikan told smiling.

So that's what I did. The questions were rather easy. Some I had to ask for help with but other than that it was easy. These were not the typical math or science problems, they were having to do with my personality and everything. I gave the completed thing back to Mikan who soon left. Goodness that was strangely draining. But I couldn't seem to communicate in a way deemed normal. But Korekiyo soon noticed and gave me a hug.

"Socializing is hard I know..", Korekiyo told.

He seemed to take something out. He wound it up which played a gentle tune. It relaxed me.

"The music box was from my close friend Angie who doesn't work here. She sent this on my birthday last year, when I first started working here", Korekiyo told in a gentle voice.

All I could do was silently hum in response.

"Boy was I nervous", Korekiyo chuckled.

"Then in March Kiibo came", Korekiyo smiled.

"He's still just as nervous as he was then", Korekiyo chuckled.

"Kiibo also has a close friend, Miu and Tsumugi. They both visit from time to time", Korekiyo smiled.

Even though he was the only one talking I was definitely listening.

"Ya know even though i'm the only one talking it just feels nice to have someone listen to you, don't you agree?", Korekiyo asked looking at me.

I nodded slowly.

"Do you have any siblings?", Korekiyo asked.

I nodded.

"I do too. An older sister.......", Korekiyo hesitantly told.

I grew concerned when he hesitated. He noticed the concern on my face.

"I....Have a bad history with her...", Korekiyo sighed.

I nodded as to say 'I understand'.

"When I wanted to join, my sister begged me to stay. And Daiya noticed our relationship. He said 'It's your brother's choice on if he wants to go' and I gave him a look that said 'I don't care the job I just wanna stay away from her' so he gave me this job", Korekiyo said, having tears in his eyes from the memories.

I wanted to wipe his tears in which I did.

"All I'm trying to say is.....you're safe", Korekiyo told.

"If you have past trauma.. we'll keep you away and protected from the people who hurt you", Korekiyo smiled.

"My role became...rather special to me", Korekiyo smiled.

"But unlike Sakura, I get to talk. When people usually vent to me, I like to add my own story. To let them know they're not alone. Like I did just now..!", Korekiyo told.

"If they want their mind off something they go to me and I think of something", Korekiyo noted.

"Even Mondo goes here...! Mondo and I are very close. Leon and I are kind of close but we're getting there", Korekiyo lightly laughed.

"It's kind of like story time whenever people talk to me", Korekiyo said.

I noticed Korekiyo began to lower his mask. I can see him smiling.

"This mask has always comforted me. Do you have comfort items like a mask?", Korekiyo asked.

I hesitantly nodded.

"Is it with you?", Korekiyo asked.

I shook my head no.

"Why don't you draw them out then?", Korekiyo asked.

He gave me a pen and paper. I began to sketch them out. As I continued to sketch out the items someone else came in.

"Just in time Leon we just started talking about comfort items", Korekiyo smiled.

And the rest of the day was history. I happened to have fallen asleep on Leon's lap. I don't particularly know why he moved me but I didn't really care at the time, I was a bit tired.

But I definitely think that Korekiyo and I have gotten closer.

ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟝 𝕠𝕧𝕖𝕣-

799 words! I really enjoyed this fluffy chapter! And I honestly don't know what I'm doing with this book in particular. But eh who knows. I'll figure it out eventually. I hope you really enjoyed this chapter!