Chapter 8

I noticed a letter that was on the floor. It had to do with.. back home? I opened it up.

"Hey son, the family misses you very much. We have heard of the event and we were invited. We're excited to see you my son:)"
-love, Dad.

It was from dad! I miss back home. My home town. Suddenly there was a knock on my door. So I opened it. It was Peko!

"I knew what you meant, I wanted to bring this back", Peko said with a smile.

I held it in my arms.

"Thanks Peko", I told her.

I walked over to Mondo and Leon.

"Ah, good timing!", Leon exclaimed to me.

I tilted my head in confusion. He chuckled.

"I have something to tell you", he said.

He sighed.

"Leon, my childhood friend and guard. And Taka, my personal assistant, I have something to tell you both", he said.

Both Leon and I looked at him with confusion. He rubbed his neck, with reddened cheeks. Then it clicked in Leon's head. But not mine.

"I don't understand, he hasn't said anything", I told Leon.

"I've known him since he was six. I can read him like a book", Leon explained.

"Just tell him Leon", Mondo said flustered.

"You sure?", Leon asked.

"He already said to tell me", I told Leon.

Leon sighed and gave a small smile to me.

"He wants us to be with him", Leon explained.

"But aren't we already with him?", I asked confused on what he means.

I mean, aren't we already with him? We're in the same room with him.

"Taka", Leon sighed before chuckling.

But before he could explain someone opened the door.

"Hey, they're here", Kiibo shyly told before shying away elsewhere.

"Dad!", Mondo gasped before running off.

I wasn't sure whether to run after him or not. Eventually we followed Mondo. I saw a short ginger haired man covered with freckles and eyes like the two brothers.

"Dad it's such a pleasure to see you!", Mondo said with such a genuine smile on his face.

"Ah, Taka, this is my dad, dad, meet Kiyotaka, everyone calls him Taka for short", Mondo said.

His dad smiled at me.

"Nice to meet you! I heard lots of good things about you", his dad said.

"Nice to meet you Mr-"

"No need for formalities! Feel free to call me Hidehiko", he said with a big smile.

I nodded.

"Mondo have you decided on a women yet?", a raven haired women asked.

"Oh, Daiya said I could pick on any gender", Mondo said.

"Why?", she had asked.

"Because I was the king and changed the law", Daiya stepped in.

"Of course, very well then", she told.

I must've not noticed the expression but both adults looked at me with a smile.

"Does he look after you?", the women asked.

"That's his job. As my personal assistant", Mondo explained.

"I'm assuming you chose your childhood friend to be the assistant ruler", she said.

"Assistant ruler?", I asked aloud.

"Actually", Mondo mumbled.

But before he can add on, he was interrupted.

"It's time to meet the candidates and prepare for the coronation", one of the workers said.

Mondo sighed before leaving. I grew worried. What would happen? And what does his confession mean? So I just stood there. Not understanding what is happening. Will this change everything he and I know now? And lastly.

What's gonna happen to him?

575 words! And I saw the comments y'all- evidently I said the word "village" 11 times in this book. This one does NOT count. Cause it wasn't in the chapter>:)

Either way I hope you enjoy this chapter^^