PT. 2 - Meeting For The First Time

✨Arrange married to the cold prince |
✨ Part 2

Marrying a stranger is not a genius idea, but whomever you would have chosen it would have been a stranger.

You had no idea about any of those prince's personalities, and His Royal Highness,
Prince Jungkook Jeon of Korea had remarkably excelled others in every other aspect.
and after all

How bad could it really be?

So you agreed

To marry a man you have never met.

The King and Queen were filled with joy, knowing that their daughter had finally selected a prince and that too, The Crown Prince of Korea.

Both the kingdoms were remarkably powerful and this alliance would strengthen them even more.

Soon enough, your father, the King of Megálos, wrote a letter to Jungkook's father, the King of Korea, stating that you had agreed for the marriage.

As for jungkook? His opinion on it wasn't even heard, he wasn't even given the chance to choose among princess.

Nobody bothered to know whether the groom himself agrees for this marriage or not.

His parents decided that he shall marry you and that was finalized, no space left for any arguments.

This marriage was like a harsh reminder to him, that his life isn't his. That he does not have authority to take his own decisions, not even for something as personal as marriage.

And that made Jungkook resent this alliance even more, as if he wasn't already resenting it enough.

[A week later]

It was finally the time you meet jungkook.

The Jeon family was visiting your kingdom.

The entire nation came to know about this marriage.

It was final, after all The Royal Family of Korea was visiting Megálos, and suddenly everything became more real than ever.

It was happening, you were getting married. To a prince, whom you don't know.

//why did I not fall in love with someone// you were nervous.

Very nervous, you didn't wanted the night to end, for tomorrow you would actually have to meet jeon jungkook, not just meet, you would be engaged to him the very next day of your first time meeting him.

Oh how you wished you had some lover, your parents even gave you freedom to marry the person of your choice, but alas, you had no one and now here you are, going to get engaged to a stranger.

Just a week ago you were fine, you were fine when you agreed for this marriage. You knew everything then too, but it didn't bothered you, but now? It was as if instead of blood, anxiety flowed through your veins.
Nervousness filled your mind and you just wanted to run away from everything.

Of course you weren't going to, it would be way too stupid.

And you can't risk your parents and nation's reputation like that.

You gazed out of the window, looking at the beautiful night view.

Moon shone in all its glory, looking beautiful as ever.

your love for moon was one of the similarities between you and jungkook that you both were unaware of.

Both of you admired the moon that night, with nervousness and a hint of sadness.

//Perhaps the nervousness combined with unexplained sadness was another similarity//

The only difference was, you were in your room, sleepless. and jungkook was amidst the vast ocean, traveling from Seoul to Corazón.

The Royal Family of Korea finally arrived in your country, they had grand welcome with drums and trumpets.

You greeted and bowed to the king and queen of Korea with respect as they greeted you back.

Jungkook bowed and greeted your parents, then he came near you and kissed the back of your hand and said "it's an honor to finally meet you in person, princess." you blushed a little. And said "the honor is all mine."

Though it was not something unexpected, rather a quite common thing that prince's were expected to do. But it still made your heart flutter.

//maybe it won't be too bad//

He smiled softly, and you smiled back.

Jungkook's Pov ~

I had heard a lot about the beauty of the Princess Royal of Megálos, before meeting her I used to think it was all exaggeration, but today after looking at her... Those people weren't lying, she was indeed beautiful. Maybe a little less than what people say /or maybe more than what people say./

"Why don't you two kids, have some alone time? You both can get to know each other better, while having a walk in the garden." queen of Megálos suggested, as yn and I nodded and followed her suggestion.

Megálos is definitely blessed with natural beauty, on the way to palace there have been so many moments when I was mesmerized by its landscapes but the Royal garden, it's somehow even more beautiful.

We both walked around in the garden, as an awkward silence stood between us.

"I know none of us really want this marriage so let's just pretend to be couples in front of others. And while we are alone, we would behave like the strangers we are." I (jungkook) finally said breaking the silence.

Maybe I was overthinking, but she seemed a bit disappointed and hurt after listening my words.

Which was confusing, I thought I made it easier for both of us by breaking the ice.

After all we are both getting married because of our parents, our family's reputation and to strengthen our kingdoms.

We hadn't even met before, why is she looking so sad, maybe that's just how she looks and I am overthinking.

"why can't we make this marriage work." she whispered.

And honestly I had no answer to her question, but I didn't wanted to admit that.
Or just turn from what I just said and agree to work on the marriage.
It would make me seem weak right?

"Because I don't want to make it work." I tried to be as emotionless as possible,
I didn't knew what emotion that sentence was conveying neither did I know what I was feeling nor did I know what I wanted yn to think I was feeling.

She just nodded lightly and said "okay then, it takes two to make a marriage work, if you are not interested in this marriage let's just call it off."

I don't know what response I was expecting, but this was definitely not what I thought she would respond.