PT. 3 - Let's Just Pretend

✨Arrange married to the cold prince
✨ Part 3

Jungkook Pov ~

She just nodded lightly and said "okay then" she sighed and continued, "it takes two to make a marriage work, if you are not interested in this marriage let's just call it off."

I don't know what response I was expecting, but this was definitely not what I thought she would respond.

I looked at her and with the amount of shock I felt, I am pretty sure it was visible in my expression.
"why are you looking at me like that."
And her words confirmed my doubts.

"princess y/n, you do realize that yours, mine and many other nations are already aware of our marriage and we are going to be engaged tomorrow."

"and you, prince jeon, don't want to make the marriage work. Why did you even agreed."

That was a low blow, I wasn't asked of my opinion, I didn't even knew I were to marry her till very recently. So I just sighed and maybe the silence was way to uncomfortable for her, so to fill in she continued rambling to herself.

"why did I not had a lover already, I wouldn't have had to deal with this. Out of all the princes why did I chose the most senseless one."

She had the option to marry someone she loved? She was provided with a choice? She had a say in this decision?

Isn't she a Royal too?

"nonetheless, if you don't want to marry me, we can just say that to our parents and call the marriage off." she said, breaking me out of my trance.

Wait- tell that to parents! No that can't happen. If she said the truth, they would be so disappointed in me..

I can't let this marriage be called off, I need to convince yn.

I looked up only to see her retreating figure, dashing behind her, I pulled her hand to stop her.

She turned around and glared at me, as I losend my grip on her arm and then pulled away, she crossed her arms and raised a brow, as if waiting for an explanation.

I took in a deep breath and said.
"Look princess, I don't know about you, but I care a lot about my family and country's reputation. And calling this marriage off is definitely going to leave a scar on it." I looked up to see her reaction and she seemed quite convinced.

"Reputation" every single Royal is preached its importance.

"we would behave like a couple in front of everyone, I just don't want to pretend all the time and hence we would be what we are, strangers, in private." I continued "I would fulfill my every duty as your husband-"

"isn't love part of it," she said "the husband duty"

She looked away, I could sense she didn't meant to say that out loud.

"One can not force love, it isn't a duty, it's a feeling that just arises and I don't have that for you." I replied looking in the direction in which yn was looking.

"of course." she said, and it almost sounded sarcastic.
"it's our first meeting, I didn't expected either of us to fall in love just yet, but you gave up without even trying.
Love doesn't just appears out of nowhere, it's an emotion that gradually develops, it's something that we choose through our actions."

A/n Pov ~

You had no idea why you were even saying all of that to jungkook, it wasn't like it would create any effect on him.

And neither did you cared about whatever he feels, right?

"so what have you decided?" jungkook said as you glared at him.

/It indeed had no effect on him./

"to not back off" she said as jungkook just nodded, "either way, Prince Jeon, just as you said, we shall only pretend to be couples and in private we would be strangers."

"great!" he replied, it wasn't meant to be rude or sarcastic or a way of saying 'thank god' in irritated manner, but you took it that way.

"don't worry, I have enough self respect, I won't be persuading you. If you aren't willing to walk your half of the way, I won't be walking the extra mile for you." you scoffed.

He sighed and you two walked to where your parents were.

"put on a smile princess, if you don't want to deal with interrogation." he whispered in your ears, getting even more on your nerves, but you faked a smile to save yourself from questions.

You both entered the throne room and your parents were definitely getting along, way more than you both. Well to be fair, even cat and mouse would get along more than you.

And worst of it all, in front of them jungkook became the 'perfect loving man'
Suddenly he could smile. When you two were in garden alone, it was as if all the emotions left him, and now? He was all rainbows and sunshine.

/Two faced, pretentious idiot./ you thought to yourself and involuntarily glared at him, but soon turned around, not wanting someone to see that.

After a long chat where you were faking all the smiles, you were exhausted but you continued to pretend because you knew if your father sensed your displeasure with this marriage, he would call the marriage off. Not caring about any reputation.

But you also knew it could ruin relationships between the two kingdoms.
And it was never a good idea, specially considering how much interdependent two nations were.

Your kingdom couldn't afford losing trade connections with Korea, and neither could Korea afford losing trade relations with Megálos.
But if the marriage is called off, trade relations won't survive either.

So you had to swallow the hard pill.

After spending a day with everyone, you realized how exhausting it was to pretend.

//alas this would not be the last time you would have to be dealing with such exhaustion.
After all pretending and faking were going to become your daily routine.

Remember when you thought how bad could it be, if everyday was going to be like today.

The answer is pretty obvious and it is not positive to say the least.//

'How does he manages to do this every single day?' You thought, and immediately shook your head as if wanting to shake off every thought about him.