PT. 5 - You May Kiss The Bride

✨Arrange married to the cold prince
✨ Part 5

You had only been asleep for what seemed like few minutes (but were a good few hours), when it was already time to wake up.

You groaned in frustration.

How were you going to deal with everything without proper sleep !

This day was going to be even worse.

Your maid, jihye, who had woken you up giggled at your sleepy state as you pouted.

"did the thought of getting engaged to your dream man kept you awake all night, princess." she said and wiggled her eyebrows.

That's when it hit you.
You were going to be engaged today. Your eyes widened involuntarily and you refrained yourself from showing any of your disappointment through your expression. And faked a smile.

"looks like both of you are extremely excited for this, I heard prince jungkook seemed to have not slept well too." she said and you smiled back.

/he probably didn't sleep out of the guilt of betraying his past lover or something./ you thought to yourself and shrugged.

*magic time skip*

It was finally time for your engagement with jungkook.

Many citizens had gathered to witness the event.

You both looked stunning, there were tears in your mother's eyes even though it wasn't the wedding day today.

The ceremony went well, of course in front of everyone jungkook was sweet and you decided to play along as well.

After completion of ceremony everyone had lunch and then, your parents asked you to 'show jungkook around the Corazón.'

Basically, forcing you two to spend time together.

On. A. Single. Horse.

You had more than enough horses, jungkook could have very well been given a separate horse, but no.

You two were asked to take a single horse.

You both changed in to the appropriate clothes for horse riding and jungkook sat behind you, on the same horse.

Thankfully, a few guards were sent with you two for your safety.

There was complete silence, jungkook didn't knew whether he could touch you or not and hence sat with his hands gripes on horse, awkwardly trying to balance.

Once you were far enough, you stopped your horse, making the guards to stop theirs too.

You then asked two of them to share a horse, they were all confused but followed your order.
Now there was an extra horse that jungkook could use, jungkook got on that horse without you even asking him to.
And he visibly looked relieved and way more comfortable.

/It must have been awkward for him too./

Now that you were all sat on your respective horses, you continued with expedition.

/Those two guards looked more of a couple than you and jungkook./

Corazón, was full of forest and right now you were going through one.

"are we just going to ride along the forest." jungkook asked.

"Beautiful nature is Corazón's, even entire Megálos's best part. So I would suggest you to admire it
instead of whining."
you whispered the last part, it wasn't even Audible to anyone.

Jungkook just hummed in response.

/Traveling through nature was more peaceful than going through busy city anyway./ he thought, and looked around admiring the beautiful view.

You all stopped for a break near the waterfall, giving your horses the needed rest. There you and jungkook had some small talk but that was about it.

And then headed back to palace, again on the way, you switched back to the old setting so that your parents won't doubt anything.

The guards were understanding and promised not to say anything about what happened to anyone.

[magic time skip]

It was finally time to sleep again and tonight you were so exhausted and sleep deprived that you fell asleep instantly.

Next day the jeon family left for Korea, and finally everything was back to normal! Well at least for a few months.

You decided not to think about all of it for these few months and just enjoy.

[Few months later]

Yours and jungkook's wedding was happening in about a week.

The wedding was to be held in Seoul since engagement happened in Corazón.

Today, you all arrived at Seoul and had a grand welcome.

Currently you were seated in the guest room, but soon enough you and jungkook were to share the same room.

You sighed involuntarily, you weren't too fond of this marriage, after all jungkook had already given you the ultimatum that he would never love and you shall not expect anything from him.

There were a lot of pre wedding ceremonies happening in these few days, you met his grandmother who wasn't able to attend engagement due to excessive traveling involved and jungkook's other relatives who couldn't attend the engagement ceremony.

So far everyone in his family seemed nice, but your favorite was definitely Gureum, jungkook's dog. He was white fluff of cuteness.

Soon enough it was your wedding day.

Both of your families, friends, people and professional friends arrived at your wedding.

Royals of various countries were present at the wedding and you had put on your best smile and jungkook did the same.

You both looked 'happy' even though none of you really were.

Either way, you doubt anyone would have noticed the gloom in your eyes, while being surrounded by such shine of decorations.

The wedding was Grand, very grand.

Thousands of people were present, it was no less than a festival.

You walked down the aisle on whose end jungkook stood, looking ethereal as always.

As much as you hated to think of him, you can't deny the facts.

//Yesternight the moon looked beautiful as always but today she seems prettier than the moon.//

jungkook thought to himself while looking at his soon to be wife, yn, walking down the aisle.

A soft smile found its way on his lips.

Your father placed your hand in his, both stood in front of each other as the ceremony continued.

You may kiss the bride.

The officiant said and you felt a soft pair of lips on yours.

And with that, you were officially his and he was yours.

'