chapter thirteen

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

THE YOUNG GODS
CHAPTER THIRTEEN

THE YOUNG GODSCHAPTER THIRTEEN

" FALLING DOWN "

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

     ROSIE SHIFTED UNCOMFORTABLY on her bed hearing voices from afar in her sleep. It felt as if she had slept for an hour or two before smelling the fire they always start in the mornings. Rosie bolted awake when a loud bang was heard at her bedroom door.

      Before she could react, Frypan bolted inside yelling, "Get up! We need to get out! Now!" The scared boy turned to the girl grabbing onto her arm pulling her out of her bed.

      "Fry!" Rosie yelled his hand still gripping onto her arm as she stood up trying to figure out what was happening, "what's going on!?"

       "The building's on fire." Frypan spoke quickly reassuring her, "Ander's okay."

       Rosie followed Frypan out of her room noticing most bedrooms emptied out, Gally and Alby were across from her in Newt's room pulling the injured boy out of bed. "Why are you still in here!" Gally growled at Rosie, immediately furious that she was one of the last to get out.

       "I just woke up," Rosie spoke before the smoke got stronger and a piece of the ceiling on fire fell down a few feet away from them.

      "Go! Now!" Alby yelled pushing Rosie in front of them all five rushing out of the Homestead.

     Nick rushed around counting the boys making sure no one else was inside. "Winston!" Nick yelled not able to find him nearby.

      Rosie turned around looking for the boy. He clearly wasn't inside since she saw his bedroom empty. "He's over here!" Clint yelled from the benches. Winston sat on the bench with Clint wrapping his arm with a white bandage.

      "Everyone out?" Nick asked as majority of the boys worked together to gather the bit of water supply they had left. Rosie grabbed a bucket throwing the water at the fire that instead of decreasing became more intense. Everyone backed up as the top two floors collapsed down burning the whole kitchen in ashes.

       Everyone stared at the building on fire almost non-existing. They couldn't do anything about it, the water they had saved had run out. A drop fell on Rosie's head causing her to look up at the dark sky. Droplets of water started rushing down on them and in a matter of seconds the Gladers had water pouring down on them.

       "Gather the buckets! Fill them up!" Nick yelled grabbing two buckets himself waiting for them to fill up. Everyone did as they were told placing down the buckets to get water. The fire fought for a few minutes to stay on but it soon started to die out with the rain winning over.