TWENTY-FOUR

(Kai POV ♥︎)

"Kai do you know something I don't?" She asked looking between my eyes worried.

I looked away and huffed. Do I tell her?

"Kai. Do you know something." She reiterated with a stern voice.

Time to come clean. "Jackson just had this deal that was stupid and I didn't agree with it. It just sorta involved you."

I went to the sink to find a rag and clean her face. It was quiet for a moment as I found a rag and ringed it from water. I came back to her face and folded the rag to clean her eyebrow. I brought it up and slowly cleaned it as she looked around confused.

"What do you mean it had to do with me?" She held my hand still.

"Just a dumb thing. It's over, you don't need to worry about it." I avoided the question.

"Kai fucking tell me." She released a annoyed huff.

"You really want to know?" She nodded her head annoyed and looked at me for the answer.

"He made a pact to find out how long it would take to take your virginity. He even made this whole group that would bet on it, so he could make money out of doing so."

She looked shocked and sucked in a breath. "And y-you knew about t-this?" She said shakily.

I looked away and I bit my lip guilty.

"Get out." She trembled.

"I told him it-"

"Get out of my house now!" She yelled, cutting me off.

I slammed the rag on the counter behind her and left the kitchen. As I made it to the foyer I heard a loud sob erupt.

I left the house and kicked the brick wall, aggravated with myself. I made my way to my car and held the wheel harshly. My knuckles bleed from being open, from hitting Jackson, and from gripping the wheel harshly.

~

TUESDAY
Leaning on my locker I looked around the halls for Leah.

Romeo and Jackson have been avoiding me all day, and I haven't seen Will anywhere. I scanned the hall and finally found her.

Her blonde hair was pulled into a high ponytail and she wore some leggings and a band t-shirt. She turned towards her locker and looked into her mirror as she fixed some lipgloss.

I looked through her mirror and I saw her face. Her right eyebrow was blue and purple and had a butterfly closure on it, and the guilt ate away at me. Her cheekbone was covered in makeup, but at an angle you could see the bruises vibrant color. It made my heart clench and my fist curl.

She talked to Jessie as she did her lipgloss. Finishing she tucked her lipgloss away and looked up in her mirror and made eye contact with me. She held it and harshly slammed her locker shut.

Walking away she held hands with Jessie and left.

~

All science class I tried getting her attention, but she got feed up and left to the bathroom. I was about to ask to go to the bathroom when I heard someone talk beside me.

"Leave her alone."

I looked beside me to see an angry Jessie. Her arms were folded and she looked at me with so much rage.

"You're such a fucking pig Dalton." She spat at me.

"She wouldn't let me explain. It's not what she thinks." I huffed annoyed at Jessie.

"Oh, save it." She walked away.

~

Seeing her blonde ponytail sway I jog towards her and pull her shoulder lightly to turn her toward me.

Except it's not her. My face falls at a girl who isn't Leah, instead she looks bewildered and a little scared.

"Oh, sorry. I thought you were someone else." I rub the back of my head and turn to walk away.

"Looking for me?" I turn around and face an angry Leah. "Listen, I'm not here to talk. I just want to say that I will not be working this entire week." She starts to walk past me.

I grip her arm to stay in place and she widens her eyes obviously mad.

"Please Leah, let me explain." I plead.

She looks between my eyes and says, "Meet me at Coffee Bean." with that, she tugs her arm back harshly.

She walks away with a sway of her hips and a small smile creeps onto my face.

~

(Leah POV ♥︎)

I pull into the parking lot and enter the coffee house. Josh waves at me and smiles until he
points at his eyebrow.

"You getting into fist fights lately?" He looks at me and laughs.

I laugh and shake my head. "No. Dumb accident."

"Usual?" He grabs a coffee cup.

"You know it." I smile and pay.

I grab a table and look out the window ready for Kai's shit explanation.

I knew Jackson was a terrible person for kissing Samantha, but to do the whole bet thing? My mind all day has been riddled with this whole Jackson and the bet scheme.

Josh comes to my table with his hands carefully holding my drink. He places my cup on the table as the bell rings. He looks up, greets and then leaves.

I take a sip of my coffee and look up to see Kai coming towards me. I look up with a mean look. I'm not about to fall for whatever excuse he has. He taught me how to get further into Jackson rather than to get away, and I don't know how I feel about that. Not good that's for sure.

The chair in front of me screeches and Kai sits in it. Immediately he says, "I'm so sorry."

I roll my eyes and wait for him to continue. A simple sorry is not going to cut it.

"I was an asshole for not telling you, but! I told Jackson to stop, and I didn't know you were going to kiss him or start liking him! He tried to make me help him with his plan," My eyebrow raises until he continues, "but of course I would never do that. And after last night, I realized how much I hurt you. Mentally and...physically." He noted my face.

"I'm just really fucking sorry Leah."

"Are you done yet?" I put my cup down harshly

He looked shocked and sat back and looked at me with a smirk. "Cold Leah is not a side to be on." He mumbled.

"I pretty much hate you right now, but i've been thinking. And you're not off the hook! But what if I got him back? A little prank, I know you do those."

Jackson's group were the kings of pranks. At the end of every year they would plan a prank and cause mayhem in the school. Last year caused a two week delay when the school was completely trashed.

"A prank?" Kai looked at me incredulously.

"Yeah, it was Jessie's idea. I just thought you could help."

"As long as you don't hate me anymore." He gave a weak smile.

"I'll think about." My corner lip turned up.

"Alright, I'm in."

Time for revenge.

••••
VOTE
COMMENT
FOLLOW