THIRTY- FIVE

(Leah POV ♥︎)
FRIDAY

"Did you see Jackson?"
"Holy shit. He looks like a clown!"
"Weirdo."

I heard a bunch of people scoff, laugh and snicker.

Mission accomplished.

Last night Jess and I snuck through my window to Jackson's. We put the dye in his shampoo and then made a run for it.

I ended up slipping on the cool tile and landed on my butt. I was so scared that Jackson would run up the stairs and call the police on us but thank goodness Kai distracted him.

I think he dropped a vase or sometime because we heard a loud noise and made sprint for it after that.

"Yikes Jackson. That color really doesn't suit your skin tone..." Jess gave him a stupid look.

Last minute Jess put some self tanner in his body wash. He looked orange.

"Shut it freak." Jackson looked down at her annoyed.

Jessie snarled and flipped him the bird before walking away.

Walking towards me she began her rant. "You know I almost felt bad. Nah. I-"

She rambled and rambled and I laughed at how many expressions she could fit in one sentence.

Since the big game and dance is tonight we have a huge pep rally today after classes. The hallways are decorated for each grade and I've got to say we did really good this year. The freshmen didn't get the memo and half their decorations are already torn or hanging off.

~

Sitting in the gym loud music boomed through my ear drums. Jessie snagged a good seat for Kai and me.

"Are you ready to see how everyone reacts to Jackson?" Kai nudged me. He had this huge smirk plastered on his face.

He wore his basketball jersey and usual floppy hair. He looked delectable.

I nodded my head to avoid my inevitable stuttering.

The band did our usual songs and stopped when the principal tapped on the microphone.

"Who's ready for the big game?" He asked the students. All the students cheered and began to jump up and down.

"Now who's ready for the dance?" At this point my ear drums were going to burst at the shrieks erupting from all the girl. Jessie being one.

I turned towards her surprised and she saw my shocked look. "What? It's so funny to spike the punch." Jessie grinned.

"You're the one who's been doing that?!" Kai bent over me to look at her. "I always thought it was Sean Haze." He tilted his head in awe.

"Don't give him that much credit." Jessie snorted and turned her attention back to the principal.

"Alright kiddos. Tonight the game starts at six and ends at nine. After that we'll start the dance at ten. Now give a huge round of applause for our future winners!"

In walked the football team. They huddled together and began chanting something. You could smell the amount of testosterone radiating off of them from a mile away.

Girls began jumping up and down trying to get attention and boys yelled for 'their boys'. Kai yelled a few names out and clapped his hands. I joined him in clapping but I didn't know anyone on the football team.

"Hey cheer extra loud for me." Kai bent down and whispered in my ear. His lips grazing my ear in the process. He jumped down from the stairs and made his way to the basketball team.