TWENTY-SEVEN

(Leah POV♥︎)

FRIDAY
"Come on let's go! Please!" Jessie jumped up and down. She tugged my arm which made my whole body shake.

"Jessie, I have a brother to take care of!" I shrugged my arm out her grasp.

"Leah, he goes to your grandparents on the weekend. Can't he go a day early?"

I frowned and she took realized my thoughts.

"No- I didn't mean it like that! I just mean- you're a teenager, and your grandparents would be understanding. The carnival is like the only thing that happens in this small town. And it only comes for one week!"

I ran a hand through my hair and sighed. "Yeah, I'll ask my grandparents." I smiled.

"Yay!!" Jessie practically screamed and jumped on my back.

"Why are you guys screaming this early?" Kai walked towards us with sleepy hair. He wore Nike shorts and a baggy retro t-shirt.

"I just convinced Leah to come to the carnival tonight!" She smiled up at me.

"Can I come?" Kai's eyes lit up.

"No. Go with your friends weirdo." Jessie laughed.

"I don't have any anymore!" Kai looked at Jessie with wide eyes.

"Loser." Jessie coughed under her breath.

Kai rolled his eyes and I felt bad. I mean sure they were dicks, but those were his friends.

"You can come with us Kai." I gave a small smile.

Jessie stopped laughing against my arm and looked up. "Huh?"

"You hear that Jessie? I'm coming with you guys." He smirked at Jessie.

"Really?" Jessie looked at me confused.

I nodded my head and she looked back to Kai with a blank face. "Meet us at the ticket booth around seven forty. If you're late then expect to be alone at the carnival." She walked away.

"Why does she hate me?" Kai looked at her walking away.

"She hates everyone." I shrugged.

~

"Beep, beep bitch. Get in!" Jessie yelled at me.

I ran down my driveway laughing and got into her car. Her hair was pulled into two french braids and the blue stuck out in the braid.

I let my hair down and put on a headband and wore jean shorts. Besides that I wore what I wore to school which was a baby tee and bomber jacket.

We blasted music as Jessie recklessly drove to the carnival. I gripped my seat for my life and laughed as my voice began to go hoarse.

We miraculously made it to the carnival and parked. Walking towards the carnival I could see the lights and rides moving in the sunset. The sunset just began and the hues mixed together in a beautiful mess.

"He's early." Jessie scoffed and walked to the ticket booth.

There Kai stood- or leaned- on one of the poles to the entrance. Two girls looked up to him as he typed away on his phone.

"You're early." Jessie looked at him with a bored look.

He looked up and his face morphed into a relieved one. "Thought you guys wouldn't show. I have Kelly and Rylie here though." He nodded to the two girls.

"It's Kelsey and Rachel." One of the girls spat out. "Come on Kels, let's find Romeo."

They left annoyed and Jessie bursted out laughing.