THIRTY-FOUR

(Kai POV ♥︎)
Wednesday

Sitting in the study hall I laid out my notebook. Little doodles from Leah were left along my practice problems. It brought a grin to my face.

I was about to put in my headphones when feet came scrambling into the empty study hall.

"I did it." Leah scurried her way to me. She stood in front of my desk and her chest raised and fell in a panic motion.

"You did what?" I took her shaky hands in mine.

"The- ballots." She whispered.

"Nice!"

"Not nice! I feel like a felon." She laid her head on my desk.

~

My job was to find his secrets and expose him. And boy did I have a lot.

After Leah's whole freak out about the ballots we went to my house after school. Leah sat on the edge of my bed munching on some chips my mom gave her.

Raisin jumped on the bed causing her little bell to jingle.

"Hey kitty!" Leah turned around. She placed her chips on my desk and sat on her knees.

Raisin swerved her and leaned her side against my leg. I continued to scroll through Jackson and my texts. I've gotten a bunch but I know there's so much more.

"She's doesn't like me," Leahs faced scrunched up. "She only likes you."

I held my arms open and Leah went into them immediately. Raisin then laid in the middle of our bodies. She squeezed herself in and separated us and I chuckled.

"Now she likes us both!" I looked down at her as she attempted to stretch Leah away.

"Yeah, sure." Leah deadpanned.

"So what do ya have?" She looked up at my phone.

"A whole bunch of shit on this guy." I held my phone out with a smirk.

She took the phone and scrolled through it. I watched her face as I scratched the back of Raisins ear. She purred. Leah scrunched her eyebrows, raised them and even opened her mouth offended as she read.

"Don't you feel bad?" She looked up at me. "I mean he was your best friend at one point." She gave my phone back.

"We were best friends. But then he changed sophomore year and I just- I just went to his house to get drunk." I shrugged.

No point in lying.

Leah gave me a sympathetic look and looked between my eyes. I knew what she was thinking.

"I don't do that anymore- intentionally get drunk." I warded off any feelings Leah was starting to get in her pretty head.

"oh." She quirked. "that's good." she gave me a quick peck on my cheek.

I pulled her chin towards me before she could pull away and gave her a real kiss.

I heard Raisin meow and rub her face against my chest.

"Sorry Raisin." Leah playfully bowed down to her. "I gotta get going." Leah began to gather her stuff up.

My body shot up.

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't obsessed with this girl. What started off as a tutoring tit-for-tat deal turned into so much more.

It was fun teaching innocent Leah new things. But also just being around her. Whether she was angry, laughing or crying I just want to be around her.