You are You. And I am Me.

Jim followed Rose out of Uhura's dorm room.

"Rosie, please let me expla-"
"Shut the fuck up, Kirk!", Carolynn shouted, tears threatening to fall.
"Rose, I'm sorry. I swear, it was a mistake."

Carolynn was walking towards her quarters.

She was about to close the door on Jim's face, but he managed to enter room before she could press the 'Door Close' switch.

"I'm sorry. I'm really really sorry about all of this.", Jim pleaded

"No. It's okay, James. It really is. It shouldn't bother me at all. It's not like we're dating or something.. or we danced the other day, or you tensed up when you saw a group of guys eyeing me, or we walked along the beach, or we hugged while you cried into my hair. Non of that happened, Jim. Why should I be bothered if I found you naked in someone else's bed? And at the end of the day, You are you. And I am me."

"Rose, Babe, I'm so-"

"No. You don't get to call me that!" Carolynn snapped.

"Then you don't get to be mad at me because I slept with someone." Jim shouted back.

Carolynn stared at the man in front of her. The tears she'd held back, were now staining her cheeks. This broke Jim's heart. It was the first time he was seeing Rose cry and he was the reason behind it. Making her cry was the last thing he ever wanted to do.

"Rose. I didn't mean that. I'm so sorry. Rose, please"

He lift his right hand to wipe her tears, but Carolynn stepped back.

"Leave." Carolynn said softly, barely audible.
"Rose-" Jim pleaded.
"LEAVE!" She shouted this time.

Jim left Carolynn's room, defeated.

____________

Location: Med Bay

Jim walked into the Med bay. He looked around for McCoy.

"Jim? Everything alright? Are you hurt or something?" Bones asked from a distance.

Jim walked up to his best friend and sat on a bed. He was silent for a couple of minutes.

McCoy understood that something was seriously wrong, because Jim hates to visit the Med Bay even when he's hurt. And now he's not even hurt or something.

"I love her, Bones"
"I know." McCoy replied. He knew Jim was talking about Carolynn.

"And I fucked up."

_____________________

Yep. That's right. He loves her! But he fucked up. :)
No how is he gonna fix things?
This one's a little short, let me know if your heart hurts, because mine does.
.
VOTE, COMMENT AND SHARE THE STORY.
.
Feel free to point my mistakes outbin the comments!
.

*ALSO*
*ALSO*
*ALSO*

I WILL START WRITING A BUCKY × OC FANFIC.
I'M VERY EXCITED FOR THIS ONE.
IT'S A THE FALCON AND THE WINTER SOLDIER FANFIC.

💝🦄