Trouble is back aboard the ship, Captain

Location: enterprise bridge

Carolynn is at her station doing her usual work. She felt so damn defeated. She couldn't save her father and now Jim is too gone. Her trance is broken by Sulu and Chekov's status report.

SULU: Warp three, sir.

CHEKOV: Course one-five-one-mark-three, Laurentian system, sir.

"Thank you, gentlemen." Spock replies.

"You wanted to see me?" Carolynn turns her head to the left to see Bones on the bridge.

"Yes, Doctor. Lieutenant Pike if you wouldn't mind to walk with us, please." Spock asks Carolynn.

"Take the controls." She says to a tactical officer and follows the men.

"I am aware that James Kirk is a friend of yours. I recognize that supporting me as you did must have been difficult." Spock says.

"Is that a thank you?" Bones asks making Carolynn roll her eyes.

"Are you looking for one?" Carolynn snaps at Bones with her voice as low as possible.

"Lynn I-"

"I am simply acknowledging your difficulties." Spock cuts Bones.

"Permission to speak freely, sir." Bones asks.

"I welcome it." Spock says.

"Do you? Okay, then. Are you out of your Vulcan mind? Are you making the logical choice, sending Kirk away? Probably, but the right one? You know, back home we got a saying, 'If you're gonna ride in the Kentucky Derby, you don't leave your prize stallion in the stable.'" Bones says.

"A curious metaphor, Doctor, as a stallion must first be broken before it can reach its potential." Spock retaliates with his usual calm and monotonous voice.

Carolynn doesn't say word. She is way beyond pissed at Spock, and is not willing to give Spock the satisfaction of having any kind of conversation.

"My god, man. You could at least act like it was a hard decision." Bones snaps.

"I intend to assist in the effort to reestablish communication with Starfleet. However, if crew morale was better served by my roaming the halls weeping, I will gladly defer to your medical expertise." Spock explains.
Spock's father enters the bridge and Spock excuses himself. "Excuse me."

"Green-blooded hobgoblin." Bones mutters.

Carolynn attempts to go back to her pannel but Bones stops her. "How're you holding up, Lynn?"

"You know Jim is correct when he says you don't have any bedside manners." She leaves a fake laugh.

"My father is captured by some pointy eared dickhead and I'm not sure if he's alive or not, and my boyfriend is thrown onto Delta fucking Vega which is known for it's dangerous creatures. It's one of the most unsafe places one can think of. So, him being alive too is very uncertain. How do want me to hold up, Bones?"

Carolynn walks off to her pannel before bones could say anything.

_________________

Spock was talking to his father when,

Chekov spoke up, "Captain Spock, detecting unauthorized access to water turbine control board."

"Bring up the video." Spock orders.

Uhura stands up from her station and stands beside Carolynn.

Jim is seen with an unknown man, running around in the water turbine control board.