⚜Chapter 5: Serpenti High

A/N: 16.06.2021

Hey, Homies, we have a new update! I hope you enjoy.

P.s: Conan the Dandelion just made it on Wattpad's front page 😭 our baby dandelion 💕

Q/A: What did you have/are going to have for lunch?

⚜⚜⚜

"Axis," whispered a voice. "Axis, wake up."

I groaned, lazily swatting my hand in the air. 

"Axis," the hoarse voice repeated. 

"Fuck off," I growled, turning my head the other way.

"Eric!"

My eyes flung open and I frantically looked around.

"I didn't eat the last cookie!" I rasped.

Reality slowly whirled back into place a I recognized my surroundings: front seat, cop car, Christopher behind the steering wheel...

My face fell and I let out a heavy sigh.

"Fuck," I muttered, rubbing my tired eyes.

"Goodmorning to you too, sunshine," he chuckled. My back slumped against the seat as I ran a frustrated hair through my hair. 

"I told you not to call me that," I mumbled. 

"What, sunshine?" He blinked.

"No, Eric."

"My name is Christopher. Chris for short."

I glared at him hoping to shoot holes in him. I was not in the mood for his dad jokes.

"Would you like it if I called you Benedict Pantyhose? No, I don't think so, so use my name. My real one."

"Sorry," he said, but he didn't sound sorry at all. "You weren't waking up when I called you Axis." 

"I was deliberately ignoring you."

Christopher studied my face. He must have realized that I wasn't joking about my name.

"Sorry," he apologized once more, sounding more genuine. "Are you ready for the big day?"

The Big Day.

My jaw tightened as a string of unwanted memories poured through my mind.

"No one ever picks me," I murmured under my breath as I gazed out the window. The world was a blurry mess. I wish the car would never stop moving so I wouldn't have to get out.

"What?"

"Nothing."

A week had gone by since my arrest. The papers were filled out and I was officially enrolled in Serpenti High. I said goodbye to Juliet this morning who couldn't see me off because of work.

She hugged me tightly and told me that I could stay with them during vacation, and said if I had any problems, I could call her or Christopher.

The unfamiliar warmth and kind words from an adult made me feel uncomfortable, but deep down, I didn't hate it. Of course, I didn't tell her and simply nodded. I gave her a wave, shuffling out of the house that I didn't expect to walk into again. 

"We're here," Christopher announced.

Christopher drove me to school which was a forty-five-minute drive. I fell asleep on the way and now that I was awake, I could feel fear and realization creep over my shoulders. Butterflies swirled in my stomach and not the good kind. It felt like a tornado of infested moths were slowly nibbling at my organs. I felt sick.