⚜Chapter 14: Naked in the Showers

A/N: 19.08.21

Exciting news, Homies! The Class Prince has just joined the Paid Program on Wattpad :) thank you so much for this opportunity ❤ I've been writing on Wattpad for 4 years now and I feel like I've come a long way :") still have a long journey to go!

Q/A: I'm thinking of releasing merch related to my books! Pins, sweaters, mugs, etc. What do you guys think? Would you be interested in buying a Prick mug or a Y.O.L.O sticker? 😂 I promise I'll make them reallll cute.

P.s: Don't forget to follow me on Instagram! I post lots of sneak peeks of this book there~ ig account: @letsgohomehidee

P.p.s: please don't forget to leave a vote. I'll even put a koala emoji. Don't resist the Koala emoji 🐨❣

⚜⚜⚜

I didn't have time to put on my own pants and sprinted down the aisle, but I accidentally stubbed my toe against the bench and let out a painful cry of pain. I slapped my hand over my mouth but it was too late. He heard me. There was no way he couldn't have unless he was tone-deaf. 

"Who's there?" 

"No one," I squeaked.

I fought with my fists, not my brain. 

"Hey," he growled, but I didn't stop. I couldn't let him find out who I was. He grabbed my shoulder but I extended my arm and switched off the lights, and the entire room was consumed in darkness by the time he spun me around. He tried to turn the lights back on but I stopped him, pressing my back against the switch. He wasn't too happy.

"Move," he ordered, his voice a husky growl. A part of me was turned on by the fact that we were both missing one piece of our clothes, but the rational side of me was panicking at my undetermined fate. 

I jumped when he slammed his fist against one of the lockers, the clattering noise giving me a solid idea of how strong he was. Before I could say anything, he grabbed me by the collar and slammed me against the lockers, knocking the breath out of me. My shirt crumpled in his fists. 

"You've got some nerve eye-fucking me, damn perv," he glowered, and I flinched.

Eye-fucking? Okay, fine, maybe I did stare a little too long, but a pervert? No, no, that was unacceptable. His knee brushed against mine and he let out a hollow laugh when he noticed that I was pantless. 

"What, were you jerking off to me?" he sneered, his voice laced in disdain. It was my turn to laugh.

"You think the world revolves around you? Oh, don't flatter yourself."

Adam stiffened when he heard my voice. He must have noticed that I was the knee transfer kid. He tried to push me aside to turn on the lights, but I grabbed his arm and pushed him against the wall, switching spots with him. I pressed the flat of my palm against the wall a few inches away from his face. He was taller than me, so I had to raise my chin to whisper into his ear. 

"Relax, Adam," I whispered. "I'm not going to hurt you."

I intended to make him realize that I wasn't a threat, but I could tell that I made a mistake when I felt his body stiffen. My poor choice of words must have triggered memories of our past.

'I'm not going to hurt you,' was one of the first things I said to him when we first met. 

And now what? I had him pinned against the wall in front of me, but I didn't know what else to do. Adam had a solid idea of what to do. He grabbed my jaw, pulling my face closer to his. He smelled like fresh pine and musk. I could bathe in this wonderful scent. 

"It's strange," he mumbled. "You're filthy and worthless and a fucking perv."

Well, ouch.

"So why do you remind me so much of him?" He whispered.

Of Eric? 

Coldness poured into my chest as I stopped myself. No, that wasn't who I was anymore, and he wasn't the Adam I once knew and loved. The boy who swore to stay by my side was a filthy liar.

I was glad it was dark enough so he couldn't see my reddened face. 

"Tell me it's you," he whispered, and every muscle in my body knotted. I wasn't sure if it was the fear of being discovered or the musical lilt of his voice that made me tense. "Tell me I'm not crazy."

I grinned, leaning into his ear, feeling the warmth of his hot body radiate against mine and getting turned on by it.

"You're crazy," I lulled, my lips brushing over his earlobe. As if in hell I'd let this traitor back into my life again. And for what? To get betrayed again? Yeah, right.

Some part of me wanted to tell him I was Eric, but another part wanted him to suffer as much as I did. What Adam did to me didn't upset me. It left me devastated. Broken. And as dramatic as that sounded, it was how I felt. Losing one person among many other things was painful. But losing one among none was excruciating. Adam had no right to suddenly reappear and dig up the past I'd tried so hard to bury. Not after he abandoned me without a word. Of course, I wanted him, but the swirl of anger, pain, and betrayal crushed that desire.  

My eyes widened when he slammed his fist into my stomach. A hammer would have hurt less than this. He caught me before I fell to my knees, and I had no other choice but to press my forehead against his hard chest. I coughed, gasping for breath. 

"You crazy son of a—" A painful wince interrupted as I drew in a slow, ragged breath.  

"You need me," he said, holding onto me so I wouldn't fall as if to prove his statement.

Arrogant little thing, wasn't he?

I opened my mouth to say something but all that came out were strained rasps. 

"I'll make sure you need me. I'll strip you of everything you have until I'm the only one left. You'll come crawling to me, understood?"

His voice trailed off, a slight pain etching in his voice. 

"What's your name?" he asked again. I could tell that he had recognized me, that even if my name was Axis, something inside him knew, or at least hoped, that I was Eric.

Eric. I almost said it. I laughed harshly, raising my brows with contempt. This wasn't how I hoped we'd reunite. 

"Fuck you," I spat coldly. Even in the dark, I could sense a lopsided grin curve up the corner of his lips. 

"Oh, I will. Later."

He grabbed me by the shoulders and slammed his knee hard into my stomach. This time he didn't catch me when I fell to the ground. I coughed and gasped for breath. If it were anyone else, I would have found the will to fight back. But damn it, why couldn't I raise my fists? 

Shit, it hurts so fucking much.

The world began to darken around me and I knew I was seconds away from losing consciousness. I squinted my eyes, but all I could see was a dark figure. My lids began to close. He was so much cuter before. 

We've changed so much, haven't we, Adam?

I reached out to grasp him, but everything turned dark. 

⚜⚜⚜

Please don't forget to leave a vote if you enjoyed this chapter!! 💫⚘

Okay, but thoughts on Adam and Axis? 😳

Chapter 33 of The Ranking System is available on Patreon. You can click the link in my Wattpad bio for access to early updates and exclusive bxb stories.

See you guys in the next update ❤