ᴛʜᴇ ʟᴇꜱꜱᴏɴꜱ ʟᴇᴀʀɴᴛ ᴀᴛ ꜱᴇᴀ

𝕔𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟝
~ the lessons learnt at sea ~

⋘ ──── 𝔫𝔞𝔱𝔞𝔩𝔦𝔞 ──── ⋙

"Eustace... What did you do?" I sighed, looking at the seething rat in front of me. 

"I didn't do anything!" Eustace looked around in confusion, avoiding my question.

Reep cleared his throat. "Up here."

Eustace looked up to where Reepicheep was standing on one of the crates. "Oh, you." He groaned unenthusiastically. The action only made Reep angrier, yet I could see the playfulness in his round beady eyes.

"Men have been keelhauled for less."

"For what?" The boy raised his surprisingly thin eyebrows.

"For treason, and sneakiness and general nuisancery." Reep listed, counting the fingers on his tiny paws. "Look, just hand over the orange and we'll let the matter pass."

I frowned at the thought. "You stole an orange from the rations?"

"I didn't steal anything. I don't know what you're talking about." Eustace denied, shaking his head. Furrowing my eyes at his arrogant face, I crossed my arms.

"Allow me to clar-" Reep was about to talk when suddenly Eustace's grubby hands grabbed onto his tail, hanging him upside down. "Look, I've had quite enough of you." He huffed.

"Um Eustace, I don't think you should be holding onto his tail like that." I attempted to speak, before Reep pulled out his sword. Swiping at the poor boy's hand.

"Unhand the tail. The great Aslan himself gave me this tail." Successfully freeing himself, he flipped onto his hind legs, raising his sword up at the boy.

I sighed, mentally face-palming. "Or that'll happen."

"No one... I repeat, no one touches the tail." He snarled.

Knowing what was going to happen, I slowly backed away. "Well, I'll leave you guys to settle this."

I walked away where Lucy was standing at the crowd. "He gets sensitive when his tail is involved." I whispered into her ear, causing her to giggle quietly.

"He still is as cute as ever." She whispered back, causing me to smile.

"I heard that!" Reep yelled out during a momentary pause from his awaiting duel, causing us to burst into laughter once again.

Eustace pulled out a sword lying on a crate nearby. "That's the spirit! We have ourselves a duel."

Cupping my hands around my mouth, I hollered, "WOO HOO! GO REEP!"

Another crowd formed around the two, watching the duel. We love a good duel.

"Take your best shot." Reep mocked out loud, causing Eustace to swipe at him sloppily. I suppose sword-fighting doesn't flow through their blood naturally. The weak attempt allowing Reep to easily jump away. "Is that it? Come on, boy."

Eustace gave the sword another go, flopping his arms everywhere. What is his arms made of lead or something? He has no sense of agility.

"Focus! Focus!" Reep shouted comments at the boy. "Yes! Ha!" He thrusted his sword, blocking a coming attack.

"Stop flapping your wings like a drunken pelican! Pose." Reepicheep was one of the best fighters in Narnia. I would hate to be his enemy. "Keep your blade up. Up, up! That's it."

Reep continued teaching Eustace how to swordfight, giving him pointers and evading his attacks. Finally, Reep took offence and pushed Eustace back, making him fall onto a bunch of craters. A tiny yelp could be heard, but it didn't come from Eustace.