ᴛʜᴇ ᴏɴᴇ ɪɴ ᴀ ᴅʀᴇᴀᴍ

𝕔𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟙𝟙
~ the one in a dream ~

──── 𝔫𝔞𝔱𝔞𝔩𝔦𝔞 ────

The night flew by faster than one could say quidditch. Edmund and I spent the night dancing and talking. He really was as charming as a king should be. One would say he was attempting to court me - and by one, I meant Caspian - but I thought otherwise. He was probably just being a gentleman. Chivalry isn't dead after all. 

It was a whole new day and Aslan had called for the kingdom to gather in the courtyard. In front of an enormous tree, the kings and queens of Narnia, both new and old, along with Aslan himself stood before everyone. 

Nobody seemed to know the reason other than Peter and Susan who were glancing at each other nervously. 

I stared at my feet knowingly. Aslan had told me the night before. Right as I was about to go to bed. I had spent the night tossing and turning, pondering about the future. I didn't know if I would ever see any of them ever again.

Aslan nodded to Caspian who stepped forward from beside me, grabbing the attention of the Narnians and Telmarines. 

"Narnia belongs to the Narnians, just as it does to man." He started. "Any Telmarines who want to stay and live in peace are welcome to." Taking a look throughout the crowd, he continued. "But for any of you who wish, Aslan will return you to the home of our forefathers."

Murmurs erupted from the crowd. "But it's been generations since we left Telmar." A man spoke up.

"We're not referring to Telmar."

"You're ancestors were seafaring brigands. Pirates aground on an island." Aslan spoke up. "There, they found a cave, a rare charm that brought them here from their world."

"The same worlds as our kings and queens." He nodded to the Pevensies and me. "It is a good place for any who wish to make a new start." 

"I will go. I will accept the offer." An old man said from the crowd. 

Caspian's aunt and her new-born baby stepped forward too, "So will we." 

"Because you have spoken first, your future in that world shall be good." Aslan said as a soft wind blew over them. 

The large tree behind us unraveled itself as the three stepped through it, disappearing into nothingness. I gaped at the sight. Holy Merlin, that's cool. It reminds me of a portkey of sorts. 

However, the citizens thought otherwise. "Where did they go?" "They killed them." They said. "How do we know he's not leading us to our death?" A guy said.

What a group of ungrateful wankers. My harsh glare on them averted when Reepicheep stepped toward Aslan with a bow. "Sire, if my example can be of any service, I'll take 11 mice through with no delay." He stated as 11 other mice stood behind him with a bow.

"We'll go." 

My head snapped to up quicker than a golden snitch. "We will?" Edmund asked, dumbfounded. 

"Come on, our time's up."  Susan smiled wistfully at her younger siblings.

"After all.." Peter walked up to Caspian, "We're not really needed here anymore." He handed Caspian his sword with a small smile.