ᴛʜᴇ ᴇᴠɪʟ ɪꜱ ᴄᴏᴍɪɴɢ

𝕔𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟙𝟘
~ the evil is coming ~

⋘ ──── ∗ ⋅◈⋅ ∗ ──── ⋙

"Let me get this straight..." Natalia clenched her eyes in annoyance, a hand to her forehead. "This dragon is Eustace?"

"Yes."

"Eustace?"

"Yes."

"Your annoying git of a-" "Yes!"

"How did he even become one anyway?" Natalia asked, pursing her lips at the dragon which hovered above their heads.

"He must have been tempted by the treasure." Reepicheep suggested, shaking his head at the boy's greed.

Caspian scoffed. "Anyone knows a dragon's treasure is enchanted." The blatant statement caused Eustace to let out a puff of steam from his giant nostrils. "Well, anyone from here." He added sheepishly.

"Is there any way to change him back?" Lucy asked the Narnians gathered at the moment.

Drinian shook his head, "Not that I know of."

"Aunt Alberta will not be pleased." Edmund joked, letting out a nervous chuckle at the beast before him.

Eustace, with his heightened hearing, let out a whimper at the thought of not being able to turn back. His altitude slowly decreasing, falling lower to the ship. Reep swiped his blade at his arm, where a gold band lay tightly stuck.

That must be what transformed him. Natalia thought to herself with huff.

"Sorry about the hand, old boy. I can be a little overzealous sometimes." Reep shrugged pitifully at the newly-transformed creature.

Then, new problems arose as a crewmate came, notifying the group that the boats are ready to leave the island.

"We can't leave him alone."

"We can't bring him aboard, your majesty."

We looked towards Caspian, who had the sole control of the entire ship. "Drinian, you and the others take one boat back. The rest of us will stay here till morning and work out what to do." He looked to the others in approval, seeing their determined stares and nods.

"But you've no provisions, and no means of... staying warm, your majesty." Drinian argued, looking at the sun setting beyond the horizon, avoiding Natalia's questioning gaze too.

After all, there was nothing they needed that she couldn't provide with her magic. Well, almost nothing. Natalia couldn't help but gulp at the sight of Eustace's dragon form. This was transfiguration beyond her knowledge. 

She found herself gnawing at her bottom lip in shame, trying to convince herself that not even the strongest of witches can transform a whole boy into a dragon, let alone reverse it.

At the thought of being useful, Eustace's head perked up. He heaved a ball of fire onto the sand, lighting up a campfire for everyone. His head rose in pride, making Natalia shoot him a small smile.

Caspian rose a brow at the captain of the ship. "You were saying?"

At that, Drinian reluctantly left the group, bringing the supplies to the ship with him.

⋘ ──── ∗ ⋅◈⋅ ∗ ──── ⋙

Everybody lay on blankets surrounding the campfire, looking up at the constellations in the sky.