ᴛʜᴇ ꜱᴜᴍᴍᴇʀ ʟᴏᴠɪɴɢ

𝕔𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟠
~ the summer loving ~

──── 𝔫𝔞𝔱𝔞𝔩𝔦𝔞 ────

It's nearing the end of summer. Me and Tom have were officially dating. We went on many dates over the course of the few months. After every date, I found myself more and more attracted to him. I can't believe that I've been living the first 14 years of my life without him. Merlin's beard I was missing out.

In fact, I have another date with him tomorrow. He wanted to bring me to a picnic in the woods. I can't wait. I've always loved going on picnics. Being at one with nature, eating small finger foods, watching the sun set. It's the ideal date.

Meanwhile, dad and I were waiting for an owl. We were supposed to be getting our results any day now, and then I could decide which subjects to take and which to drop. I for one want to continue taking Potions and DADA, so that I can achieve my dream of being an auror. Tom doesn't really approve of my dreams. He claims that ministry people are useless and disappointing. He had heard rumours that they were going to appoint a muggleborn for the Minister of Magic position.

I didn't really care to give his thoughts another piece of mind. When it comes down to it, and we've graduated and he still doesn't like it, then I'll just stop dreaming of it. At the end of the day, I love Tom more than anything in the world. You could say that he's the love of my life. The stars that shine in the endless night.

The familiar hoot of an owl was heard as one flew through our open window, a letter in its beak. Dropping it on my lap, he perched himself on the arm of dad's seat. "Go on then, open it." Dad enthused.

Letting out a shaky sigh, I carefully peeled the envelope open and pulled out its contents. A shiny badge dropped onto my lap, making me look at dad in shock. "Read the letter!" He urged, feeding the owl some snacks.

Clearing my throat, I read the letter out loud.

Congratulations Natalia Longbottom. I, Albus Dumbledore, head of the Gryffindor house, assigns you to be one of the fifth year prefects. I hope that you maintain being a good role model for your younger

Natalia Longbottom has been awarded the following grades on her Fourth Year Finals:
Transfiguration - O
Potions - 0
Charms - E
Defence Against The Dark Arts - O
Herbology - A
Care For Magical Creatures - E
History of Magic - A
Astronomy - O
Ancient Runes - E

You may choose any of these subjects for your O.W.L.s next year.

I let out a laugh of relief. "Can you believe it? I passed Herbology!"

"Congratulations sweetie, I knew you could do it!"

The owl hooted in response before flying away. I can't wait to tell Tom that all his efforts in teaching me Herbology was fruitful. "I'm going off to Marge's!" I announced before flooing away to her house.

──── ────

"Marge! Marge! Have you gotten your Hogwarts letter yet?" I called out, running out of the fire place to look for my best friend. I found her staring at her letter in shock. "What's wrong?" I frowned, slowing my pace to a mere jog before sitting down next to her.

"I passed all my subjects!" She grinned, tears brimming at her eyes.

Engulfing her in a big bear hug, I grinned. "Me too! And look at what I got!" I cheered, showing her my new prefect's badge proudly. She looked at it in awe. "Look how shiny!"