ᴛʜᴇ ꜰɪɴᴀʟ ᴅᴀʏ

𝕔𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟙𝟛

~ the final day ~

⋘ ──── 𝔫𝔞𝔱𝔞𝔩𝔦𝔞 ──── ⋙

"That was one hell of a love potion you were given." The familiar voice of Madam Pomfrey spoke up upon realising that I was awake. "It's a good thing Professor Slughorn was able to get rid of it."

I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion, looking at my surroundings. Love potion? "Are you feeling alright dear? Here, drink this." Another vial was shoved against my lips, its contents leaving a bitter taste in my mouth.

"Merlin, that's disgusting." I sputtered, gulping down a glass of water to get rid of the lingering taste. "Love potion?"

Pomfrey nodded at me, her young eyes sympathising for my condition. "Somebody gave you Amortentia laced with dark magic. We presume it was bought in Knockturn Alley."

"You never know which creeps lurks around that alley."

My eyes widened in recognition. Our very first date! We met up at Diagon Alley and he appeared out of nowhere, claiming to that he was collecting something. That must be the Amortentia! I'm sure of it!

Anger filled my body, this time there were no forces preventing me from spouting horrid things about Tom. No forces preventing me from displaying my anger at the thought of Tom.

But as soon as the anger came, it was replaced with all the held in repulsiveness I felt towards myself. How could I have let him done that to me? By the mane, I'm probably the dumbest girl ever. I don't even deserve to be in Gryffindor.

I'm not worthy of that. I'm not worthy of the air I breathe. Tears were brimming my eyes as everyhorrid thing he did to me came rushing back all at once. This time, I didn't feel any pleasure towards it, I didn't feel any love. I didn't feel affectionate. All I felt was hatred. Hatred to myself. Hatred to Tom. No, Riddle. He doesn't even deserve to be called by his first name.

"I, um. I have to go." I stuttered, leaving the medical wing and a confused Pomfrey behind calling out to me to get more rest and to come back that instant. But I have more important things to worry about than my health.

I found myself running through the nearly empty halls of the castle. Most of the students were probably at Hogsmeade. I ran to my dorm room hoping that they're there. That they didn't go to Hogsmeade. That they didn't leave me alone.

I entered the common room and was flooded with a sense of relief at the sight of all of them moping in the area. Their attention snapped to me as the portrait behind me closed with a big bang. Different ranges of emotions were clear on their faces. Sadness, relief, anger, happiness. It made me feel a whirlwind of emotions as I walked towards them, a big smile on my face. "Hi."

The simple word broke through the silence of the common room, snapping them out of their trance before rushing towards me and engulfing me into a hug.

Something inside me snapped as I started bawling my eyes out. "I'm sorry! I'm so sorry! I called you guys names. That wasn't me. I-" I cried out, not even able to finish my sentence as sobs interrupted them.

"Shh. Shh. If it's anybody's fault. It's Riddle's." Marge comforted as she rubbed soothing circles along my back. I bit my tongue from the surges of pain I felt each time her fingers ran over a slash. It wasn't her fault. She didn't know.

Once more, the memories of everything he did to me came rushing back. Everything he forced me into doing while I let him came flooding into my brain. My heart ached for my body and my thoughts turned against each other for it's stupidity.