Caleo

Caleo

Leo's P.O.V

I walked into the small sweet shop and immediately felt at home. It was the same shop I'd been coming to for a couple of months now. The sweet smell of cinnamon that wafted through the air always worked its magic into calming me down. Of course, the pleasant smell wasn't the only reason I dropped in.

"Hey! I didn't think you'd be back again for a couple of days. Didn't you just buy a bag of sour keys yesterday?" A voice as sweet as the candies called out to me from behind the counter. The voice belonged to a young girl who had caramel coloured hair and the brightest smile around. Well, you'd think she was young if you didn't know her, but fortunately I did.

"Hi, calypso. You know I have a sweet tooth!" I walked closer before pausing to look at a bag of gummy worms that were in the sale box. "Only three bucks for these?"

Calypso laughed, and any thoughts that had been floating around my head seemed to drift away. "Yes, it seems the people of New York are not as fond of candy shaped like bugs."

"Eh, it's still candy." I replied while trying to collect my thoughts again. A lull in conversation occurred, allowing me a few seconds to remember the real reason I'd come to the sweet shop today.

I nervously picked at a thread on my shirt as I brought the bag of gummy worms to the counter. "So," I began before chickening out, "how's life in New York?"

Calypso looked at me for a minute and I worried if she knew that my question wasn't what I'd really wanted to say. "I love living here, although anywhere is better than that island."

I knew where she was referring to, I'd been there for a little while too. But she knew that. "No kidding! Plus, I hear there's always good movies playing here."

"Movies? They're like pictures, but they move, right?" Calypso asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Yeah, that's right." I took a deep breath before continuing. "I would be willing to take you to see one, if you'd like?"

Calypso grinned. "You'd do that? I thought you were super busy trying to rebuild camp-halfblood?"

"A half-blood's life is always busy, but that doesn't mean I can't find time for some fun too." I wiggled my eyebrows.

Her smile grew and I felt myself wishing she'd reach over for a hug, but sadly she remained where she was. "Then it'd be lovely to see a movie with you! Would we be going alone?"
"That was the plan, but if it makes you uncomfortable-"

"-No! It sounds good. I was just curious." She interrupted me before scanning my bag of gummies.

I saw the dollar figure appear on the screen and handed over a five dollar bill. "Should I pick the movie or would you like to decide?"

"I'm sure I'll like whatever you select. Shall I meet you at camp-halfblood when we are to see the moving picture?" Calypso asked, before handing me my change and opening a small plastic bag to put my candy in.

I took the bag from her with a smile. "I'd like to go tonight if that's alright with you."

"That sounds like a good plan. What time should I be at the Hill?" She asked, referring to halfblood hill.

I smirked, happy that she was making this so much less stressful than I'd imagined. After all, it wasn't everyday a goddess agreed to go out on a date with me. "I'll meet you there at seven."

"I'll be there." Calypso nodded her head as I turned towards the door, and began making my way out of the cozy little shop. "Oh, and Leo?"

"Yes?" I turned back towards her to see her with a smirk of her own.

"If you wanted this to be a date, all you had to do was ask."

~~~~~~~~~~

A caleo one-shot because I had a strange dream about them and this was the result. Haha

Thanks for 4k reads! Means a lot that you guys are voting and commenting! Please don't hesitate to leave a request! I love getting them!

Spread love like butter! -Tianne :)