Solangelo AU

Solangelo AU
Artist!Nico

Requested by: @ImAFreakingNinja

"Repay you?"

Will's P.O.V

I was counting out change when the most gorgeous guy I'd ever seen walked in. He had long shaggy black hair that was pulled into a small ponytail, and a large sketch book tucked under his arm. I'd recently learned his name, Nico, and has also recently come to the conclusion that I loved it. Nico. It rolled off his tongue so beautifully that I felt like a fraud when I said it. He'd been coming in this coffee shop every day at three p.m sharp, and every time he ordered the same thing.

"Coffee, no milk, no sugar?" I asked him as he approached the counter. His eyebrow shot up for a brief second before a small smile spread across his face. A small nod showed me the hints of a blush on his cheeks. "That'll be two bucks, that is, if you don't want to try our promotional item?" I asked him this everyday and everyday I got the same answer, so I was a bit surprised when he spoke up.

"What exactly is the promotional item?" His voice was a little scratchy, and it was only now that I noticed the bags under his eyes. He was usually pale, but today he looked even more so.

I reached down into the display case and pulled out the candy cane brownies that were half-off this month before plopping the heaping plate in front of him. "Very Christmassy, don't you agree?"

His nose scrunched up at the mention of christmas, but his eyes stayed focused on the brownies. "How much?" Nico asked, as he began to count the change in his hand. Judging from his ratty old sweater and beat up black jeans, I'd guess his art supplies were eating a chunk out of his budget, and if you ask me, it looked like he could do with a brownie or two.

"How about this, I'll give you the brownie for free, if you let me see some of your sketches. My break is in five minutes, but I'm sure my boss won't notice if I start a little early."

Nico's gaze dropped to the floor and for a moment I thought I'd read him wrong. Maybe he really was straight, and just happened to blush easily... I was reassured when Nico looked back up at me with rosy cheeks. "That'd be alright, I guess..." He handed over two dollars for his coffee.

I stuck the money in the machine, and pulled out some change from my pocket to cover his brownie, before grabbing one of the paper cups and filling it with hot coffee. I stuck a sleeve on, out of habit, before sliding it over to the dark haired beauty. "Shall we?"

His blush never left his cheeks as we moved to sit at his usual table in the back. Sliding into the seat across from him was like I was in one of my daydreams. It felt was too awkward to be a dream though. Nico almost spilled his coffee when he tried to open his bulky sketch book but I put my quick reflexes to use.

"Sorry, I'm a little nervous..."

I allowed a small smile to play at my lips, instead of the huge grin that I wanted to produce at such an adorable comment. "What's there to be nervous about? We see each other everyday, and I make conversation every time you buy black coffee."

His eyebrow rose a little. "I buy black coffee everyday..."

"Exactly! I've been trying to get to know you, but you're like a puzzle! You make the most adorable faces and I'm sure your art is amazing."

He avoided my gaze. "It's not all that great..."

"Yeah, right. Show me." I shot him a playful glare. He fumbled with the book for a minute before opening it to a page somewhere near the middle. At first sight, I froze. Displayed in amazing detail was a face I'd grown to like. It had sandy blond hair and a goofy smile. "You've been drawing me?"

Nico bit his lip, (which may or may not have driven me crazy) before replying. "You have great angles in your face, and you were so nice when I came in soaking wet. I found myself staring at you all the time when I was supposed to be working on certain pieces for school, so I decided to start drawing you. I was never going to hand it in or anything, I wouldn't do that to you, you're much too special to me." His eyes widened in alarm after the last comment. "I mean, you're much too special to my art collection..."

I put my hand on top of his and looked him in the eye. "Honestly, I'm flattered that you chose me to draw. This whole time you've been coming here, I would look forward to your entrance. You're quirky and cute and I wouldn't mind being stared at by someone with such a gorgeous smile."

"So you're not creeped out?" His wide eyes looked like the textbook definition of innocent.

I shook my head. "Of course not, in fact, I'm amazed you chose me. Here you are, this talented art student with the body of a god, and you decided to allow my face to grave your sketch book." I smirked as a thought popped into my head. "Although, you'll have to repay me somehow for not telling me sooner."

Panic filled his face. "Repay you? Gods, I don't have much money-"

"It's not anything like that, all I want is your phone number." I cut his rambling off.

He looked shocked. "My phone number?"

"Yeah, you know, the small thing that allows people to get to know each other without the awkwardness that accompanies early meetings?"

He pulled out a pen from his bag before tearing off a piece of the napkin and scribbling some digits on it. "Uh, here. But, please don't call between nine and three."

"Don't worry, I know how much your art school means to you." I glanced down at my watch. "It looks like my break is over, I hope you enjoy your brownie."

Nico looked down at it like he'd forgotten it was there. "Right, thanks again."

"The pleasure was all mine."

~~~~~~~~~~

That one was supposed to be just an artist!Nico but I love writing coffee shop AU's so I added that in. Hehehe it's the perfect setting for them to meet so I thought, why not?

Thanks again for the request, I woke up two hours earlier than normal just because I got an idea the night before and was excited to write it into the one-shot. This request was so fun to write so a huge thank you goes to @ImAFreakingNinja for requesting it. :)

Do you want to read about your OTP doing adorable things in awkward places? Just leave a request in the comments and I'll get on it asap!

Thanks again for reading and don't forget to smile! -Tianne :)