Jercy

Jercy

"King of the breakfast table"

Jason's P.O.V

I hastily tugged on my servant clothes before scurrying off to the king's bedroom. For some reason, he refused to get out of bed if I wasn't the one who woke him. King Percy has always been a bit strange, but who was I to question his decisions? He had saved me from a life on the streets when I was ten, and since then he has kept me safe during countless wars and plagues. Serving him was a dream that I never wanted to wake up from.

I knocked twice, just to be polite, before swinging the door open. After setting the tray with his breakfast down on his table, I walked over to his bed. All the other servants snickered about his choice of blankets, but I for one loved the sea creature themed bed spread. It suited King Percy in a strange way.

I gently shook his shoulder, my fingers soaking in his warm body heat. "It's time to wake up, Sir."

"Quit it with the Sir." The King grumbled.

I felt a small smile grace my lips. "It would not be professional of me, Sir." After several moments of complete stillness, I shook him again. "Your breakfast is getting cold, Sir."

The king sat up at the mention of food. "Breakfast? That sounds good." A sleepy yawn escaped his lips, as I fought the urge to watch him. He emerged from his watery bed wearing only his night pants. I focused on remaking his bed to hide my red face. Most mornings, the king would have all his night clothes on, making my job a lot easier. It was hard enough to hide a secret crush on the man who saved your life when he was fully dressed...

"Jason, did my mother mention anything to you when you were helping her out in the garden last night?" The King asked as he slumped into his chair and picked up the cup of tea.

I shook my head. "No, sir. Nothing out of the ordinary."

The king turned to face me, not leaving me enough time to hide my fading blush. "What's got you all flustered at this time of the morning?"

I opened my mouth and closed it a few times before replying. "It must be the good weather, Sir." I cursed myself in my head for coming up with such an awful excuse.

"So, your red face has nothing to do with my lack of clothing?" The kind teased me as he munched on his sausages.

"That would be very inappropriate of me, Sir." I awkwardly hovered around beside him, unsure whether or not it would be appropriate of me to sit at his table like an equal.

The king laughed. "In my kingdom, people are free to take a liking to whoever they please. If anything, I might be slightly disappointed if you didn't find me attractive."

"In that case, you look very charming, Sir." I replied, not wanted to get on his bad side.

The king gestured to the chair beside him. "Please, sit. And stop calling me Sir!" A chuckle followed his little outburst, so I knew he wasn't actually angry at me.

I slid into the chair and felt myself relax. It had been a long night, mostly spent in the gardens with the ex-queen. She had retired from her position last year to let King Percy have the throne, and she often spent her time helping around the castle. Although her favourite past-time was bothering me about my crush on her son. I had been frantic when she found out, but she had promised to keep it a secret, and she always kept her word.

"So, Jason. How long is it that you've been serving me?" The king asked.

I counted in my head. "That would be eight years, Sir."

"Hmm... That seems like a decent amount of time. Consider yourself free." The king smiled at me, but I only felt dread.

I asked unsurely. "Are you firing me, Sir?"

"No!" The king calmed himself down. "No, of course not. I'm simply declaring your so called debt paid. You are no longer my servant, just simply my friend." The King saw my shocked look. "That is, unless you'd like to be more than friends... I've noticed the way you look at me sometimes and I want to know if you would join me as Kings of this kingdom."

"The only thing I would be king of is the breakfast table, Sir." I shook my head. "I'm not qualified to rule a kingdom with you, Sir."

The king swallowed the last of his eggs. "So, you don't have a crush on me then?"

I frantically nodded man head. "I do! I do, Sir."

"Then if you can see the good in me, you'll be able to see the good in the people. You'll make a fine ruler." The king leant over and embraced me.

I tensed for a few seconds before hugging back. "Thank you. You don't know how long I've dreamt of this moment, Sir."

We pulled apart with smiles on our faces. "Now let's go make the announcement." The king got up and walked over to his closet, but turned back to face me before being swallowed into the depths of his closet. "And quit it with the Sir."

"Of course." I smirked. "Sir."

"Jason!"

~~~~~~~~~~~

I really like this one! It was way too fun to write!

So basically, I had no wifi yesterday so I wrote like a million chapters for various fanfics but I couldn't upload any of them! (First world problems)

Thanks for over 5k reads! It really means a lot to me that people are enjoying what I'm writing! :)

If you like Pernico, I have two fanfics that might interest you. One is a full length fanfic called Survivor, while the other one is a texting book that is nearing the end.

I unfortunately haven't got a full length Jercy fanfic, but who knows, I might start one once my Pernico fanfic (sequel) ends... Following me would alert you to any new fanfics that I start, so if you like my writing and want to read more, please hit that follow button. If you don't, that's totally fine, and I won't love you any less. :)

Thanks again for reading! Spread love like butter! -Tianne :P (spelt my name wrong three times before getting it right... Oops! Hi!) if you get that reference, I love you! :]