Persadie PercyxSadie

Persadie (percyxsadie)

Requested by: AlineAcatauass

"Big Ben"

Percy's P.O.V

I would rather have gotten a fish, but instead I ended up on a plane to London. It's not Paul's fault, he wouldn't have known that I didn't like to fly. Well, that's an understatement, I hated flying. It made me feel nauseous and dizzy, not to mention worried for my life.

I guess Zeus was in a good mood, because I made it to London with no accidents. Alright, I may have spilled my skittles all over the business man seated next to me, but that didn't count. (I blame turbulence.)

After getting my bag from baggage claim, I began looking for my guide. Paul apparently knew some guy that lived here who offered to let me stay with him for a few days. He'd be taking me to see all the sights and find the best food stalls, and most importantly, he'd be picking me up from the airport.

Paul described him as a six-foot-something giant with no hair and tanned skin, so it came as a shock to me when I finally saw someone holding a sign with my name on it. She looked about my age, and had pale skin that matched the majority of people around her. Her red lips looked slightly chapped, most likely from the cold weather, and the most beautiful eyes I'd ever seen.

I approached her with a smile. "I expected you to be taller."

"Taller?" She raised her eyebrow. "Oh, you were expecting my uncle. He had to...run an errand, so he asked me to be your guide for today. I hope you're not disappointed." She had humour lacing her last statement, so I chuckled a bit as she began to walk to the exit.

I tried to get to know her a bit better. "I'm guessing you know my name, but I never learned yours."

"Right, I'm Kane, Sadie Kane."

I had to say it. "Bond, James Bond."

"I get that a lot." She smiled as we stepped through the doors and I go my first real look at the city. Heathrow airport was just as busy outside as it was in, and without hesitation, Sadie slipped her hand into mine and began tugging me towards a small red car.

After I slid in the passenger seat and buckled up, she hit the gas and off we went. Traffic wasn't too bad considering I came from New York, but the cars were much smaller, which made for a lot of cutting people off, or barely missing the double-decker busses. Horns blared constantly, making me feel a bit more comfortable. The sound had become relaxing to me, so that I was uncomfortable in silence. To add even more noise to the crowded car, I kept up my steady questions.

"What's that?"

"That's a telephone booth."

"And that?"

"That's a pound store."

"So it's like an english Dollar Store?"

Sadie chuckled at that. "I suppose so." She honked her horn as we narrowly avoided an accident with a motorbike. "Anyways, where would you like to go for lunch?"

"What do you suggest?"

"Well, I'm craving Maccas, but if you're opposed to fast food..."

"No, fast food is the best food. I love fast food. Fast food is great." I hurried to assure her, making a fool of myself in the process.

Sadie burst out laughing, as I began to resemble a tomato. "Are all Americans this funny?"

"No, it's a specialty of mine." I grinned. "Do all english people have wonderful laughs like yours?"

It was Sadie's turn to blush. "No, that's a specialty of mine."

"I believe that was my line." I teased as she turned the corner.

Sadie smiled before something out the window stole her attention. "Oh, if you look there, you should see Big Ben!"

I looked out her window and caught a brief glance before a building got in the way. "That's really big."

"It's supposed to be, it's called Big Ben." Sadie pointed out with a grin.

I scratched the back of my head awkwardly. "Right..."

"Don't worry about it, that's what most people say." Sadie replied as she pulled into MacDonald's. "We're eating in?"

"I guess so." I shrugged, still trying to get my cheeks back to their normal colour.

Sadie got out before linking hands with me and leading me towards the doors. "Just a warning before we go in..."

"Yeah?" I asked, completely surprised.

"The inside is quite big." Sadie's grin was bigger than Big Ben.

~~~~~~~~~~~

I know that it wasn't really romantic, but I didn't want to rush things in their relationship.

This was a request and it was actually really fun! Please leave your requests in the comments and I'll get to it asap! :)

Thanks again, and please let me know what you thought of this one-shot. :)

-Tianne :]