Lazel

Lazel

Leo x Hazel

Requested by @Sotem1562

Leo's P.O.V

The large guitar case nearly slipped out of my hand as the rain came pouring down. However, I was a man on a mission, and no amount of rain could dampen my spirit today. The cold, on the hand, might cause some problems. If my fingers got stiff, I wouldn't be able to play, and I wouldn't be able to make any money.

I stepped down the last set of steps and felt a familiar rush shoot through me. In just a few minutes I would be able to lose myself. After constantly bouncing between foster homes, I found a way to give me a sense of relief. A time when I didn't have to put on the 'good child' act so a family would take me in. A time when I didn't have to be 'that kid who's good at mechanics' just because it kept me busy. A time when I could just be me. It was those moments that I craved. And so it was decided, every Sunday I would take the subway into the heart of the city and play my heart out until it got dark.

I left my case open in front of me as I took a seat on the portable stool that I brought with me. Adjusting the strap of the guitar around my neck, I felt my worries start to melt away. After a deep breath, I started the first song of my set. It was 'everything about you', and it always helped draw in the crowds. I smiled as a little boy dragged his mother over to where I was set up. The two listened to me for a few minutes before dropping some change in the case and continuing on their way. The next two songs I sang to myself since the streets weren't as busy. I started 'angel with a shotgun' and closed my eyes to really tap into the emotional sense of the song. I felt my responsibilities being pulled off my shoulders as if there really was an angel fighting for me. I opened my eyes and felt my breath catch in my throat. There, standing in front of me was a girl with the most innocent eyes I'd ever seen. A small smile was perched on her lips like a hummingbird about to take flight.

She clapped for a few seconds before taking a step closer. "That was beautiful! You have a real talent!"

"Thank you, it means a lot." I blushed at her compliment .

The girl's smile seemed to grow. "Oh, I guess I should introduce myself, I'm Hazel." She held her hand towards me.

"I'm Leo." I shook her hand and felt her controlled grip, letting me know that she could probably kick my ass if she wanted to.
"So Leo, ever thought of going pro?" Hazel asked as she readjusted her blazer.

I nodded my head. "It's my biggest dream."

"That's lovely to hear," Hazel reached into her pocket and pulled out a business card, "because my company's goal is to turn dreams into reality."

I accepted her card and stood shell shocked for a few seconds, unable to comprehend the insane stroke of luck I was having. First, a beautiful girl stopped to hear me sing, and then she turns out to own a record label. "Uh, thank you so much. I... I don't know what to say."

Hazel chuckled. "Well, for starters I'm going to need your guardians consent, seeing as you look like you're under 21."

I felt sweat begin to collect on my brow. "A signature or a phone call... Will either of those work?" I asked in hopes of keeping my home life out of my future.

Hazel cocked her head. "I guess a signature will do, don't you want to let me meet them? I'm sure they're wonderful seeing as they raised such a talented young man."

"No, they don't like, uh... Attention." I finished lamely.

Hazel shrugged. "Alright, just make sure to call me when you get home and we can arrange everything." She turned to walk away but I caught her wrist. "Yes?"

"Sorry," I let go, "I'm just not used to beautiful girls talking to me." I turned on the charm. "Are you sure you're not an angel in disguise?"

She blushed. "I think I would know if I was, but thanks for the compliment. You know, you're a pretty handsome gentleman yourself."

It was my turn to blush. "Thanks. Say, would you be willing to go for coffee with me? Or is that not allowed what with you becoming my boss or something..."

"One of the things I love about America, is that it's a free country, don't you agree?" She knelt down, collected up the change that had been thrown into my guitar case and handed it to me. "Well, you'd better start packing up if we're going to go do coffee before the lunch rush begins."

I immediately started undoing the strap around my neck. "Are you a Starbucks kind of girl, or a more independent brand kind of chick?" I knelt down and began packing my guitar away.

"I'm Hazel, and what I drink depends on my mood. Currently I'm excited and up for an adventure, so it'd be nice to find a cozy little cafe." She pushed some of her frizzy hair away from her face as she spoke, reminding me just how powerful she could be, and yet still seemed gentle at the same time.

I picked up my case and tried to ignore how slippery the wet case was in my hand. I had been able to find a spot that sheltered me and my guitar from the rain, but my case caught some drizzle on the occasional gust of wind. At least now I could go somewhere warm and get to know this mysterious angel that responded to the name Hazel. For once in my life, I was more excited to put my guitar away than sing, and that scared me a bit, but one look at the girl by my side reassured me that sometimes it's okay to go out on a leap of faith and out my trust in other people. Sometimes change can be good. As Hazel looked over to me, a shot of happiness went through me, and that's when I knew. Hazel was my own guardian angel, and nothing would stop her from helping me achieve my dreams.

~~~~~~~~~~

Cute lazel 1 shot for you since I got a request! Whoop whoop! Haha

But seriously, I know how awful it is to have an idea for something but not able to do it yourself. For me that's art. I always have cool characters running through my head, but if I put pencil to paper, only words come out. Pictures and I just don't mix. So, if you ever wanted to read a oneshot that you've thought about, whether it be an old idea, or something you just came up with, please don't hesitate to leave a comment below or inbox me!

Thanks for over 4.5k reads! Made my day when I saw the amount of reads I've gotten on this! :)

Spread love like butter! -Tianne :]