Pernico/percico

Nico's P.O.V

I can't keep this mask on any longer. All the forced smiles I have been making lately seem to have finally reached it's limit. Every time I see him with her I have to pretend to be happy for them, but on the inside it kills me. How can he not see what he's doing to me? How can he not notice my feelings? I shook my head to clear my thoughts as Hazel entered the cabin.

"Nico, you really need to get out of here. I don't think I've seen you except for the occasional meal. What are you hiding from?" She asked, giving me her best stern look.

"Nothing." I replied as I turned to face the wall.

"You can't hide from your problems. It's not going to just go away, you have to face them."

"I don't care anymore!" I exploded at her, by jumping up and throwing my arms up. She jumped back at my outburst and looked at me with a sad expression in her eyes. A few seconds of silence passed, as my anger began to leave me.

"Nico?" She gazed at me sadly.

"I'm sorry, I didn't meet to snap at you. I'm just thinking some things through right now." I apologized, as I looked at her expecting her to just turn around and leave. Instead, she looked at me with worry in her eyes and sat down on my bed, dragging me down with her.

"Maybe I can help? Just let me in." She begged.

"I really want to let you help, but I'm scared that you won't like me when I'm done." I looked down in shame.

"Nothing you say could ever make me dislike you. You're my brother, and I will always support you." She smiled, lifting my chin up. I took a deep breath and began.

"I'm... I'm gay." I held my breath, waiting for her response. I watched as we face morphed from one of shock to one of sadness. Oh gods. I knew she wouldn't accept me. Now what? Would she kick me out of the cabin? Where would I sleep? My thoughts were interrupted by Hazel's voice.

"You've been dealing with this alone? I should have noticed and been there for you..." She sad sadly.

"You couldn't have noticed, I kept it pretty secret." I muttered.

"Wait! How did you realize? Do you like somebody?" She asked, excited now. Immediately a blush came to my cheeks. "Who is it?" demanded.

"Percy." I blushed harder.

"What? Oh my gods, this is perfect!" She practically screamed.

"What's perfect?" I demanded.

"You've been cooped up in the cabin almost all week, so I guess you wouldn't know." She muttered almost to herself.

"Know what?" I asked, getting impatient.

"Percy just broke up with Annabeth and came out to the camp!"She blurted out.

"Really?" I asked, in shock.

"Yes! Now go out there and find him!" She yelled. She pushed me off the bed, towards the door. I stumbled as I made my way out of the cabin. I blinked as my eyes adjusted to the light. After my vision went back to normal, I began jogging in the direction of the Poseidon cabin. I rushed up to the door and knocked. After a few seconds of silence, the door opened to reveal a very sleepy son of Poseidon. His face morphed from tired to nervous in two seconds as he realized who was at the door.

"Hey Nico, what's up?" He said as he went to lean on the door frame but missed and fell on the floor. I rushed inside his cabin and knelt beside his crumpled form on the floor.

"Are you alright?" I questioned. His cheeks went bright red.

"Yeah, I'm fine." He said as he rose to his knees. As he rose to his feet, he grabbed my hand and helped me up.

"So, as I was saying before, what's up?"

"I heard about your breakup..." I stated.

"Yeah, so I'm guessing you also heard about my sexuality." He glanced at my face to see my reaction.

"Yeah."

"Are you here to tell me you're disgusted, just like Annabeth?" Je asked.

"Not at all! I actually came here to tell you that I'm also gay." I looked away.

"Holy Hera! I wasn't expecting that." He said, amazed.

"And I also came here to tell you something else." I piped up.

"Go on." He moved his hand in a 'continue' gesture.

"Ever since I met you, I knew you were different. You were a real hero, and you seemed to be a great guy. After I lost my sister, I hated you. But I didn't just hate you for not keeping my sister safe, I hated you because you stirred up some unwanted feelings in my heart. I hated you because you made me realize something about myself. You made my realize my sexuality. Now I should apologize, because I held so much hatred for you, on subjects that I really should be thanking you for. Without you, I wouldn't have realized who I was." I finished with tears in my eyes. After a few seconds of silence, I stood up and began to walk towards the door.

"Nico wait!" Percy yelled. I slowly turned around.

"Yeah." I croaked out.

"I guess I should apologize too." He looked down to his shoes.

"Apologize for what?" I asked.

"I've been ignoring you all week, ever since I realized my feelings."

"Feelings?" I questioned.

"For you. That's why I broke up with Annabeth. I finally figured out why every time I looked at you, I felt a funny feeling in my stomach. I'm really sorry about what I put you through. Do you think you'll ever be able to forgive me?" He looked at me with pleading eyes.

"Percy, I forgive you, because I still have feelings for you." I said as I walked up to him.

"Gods Nico. I was hoping you'd say that." He smiled and pulled me close. The next thing I knew his lips were on mine. It was so perfect that it made all my thoughts stop, dead in their tracks. I melted into his kiss, still trying to make sure this wasn't just one of those perfect dreams. We broke away, gasping for air. I looked into his eyes as he looked into mine. I'm sure mine held something that hasn't been there for a while. Love.

---------------------------------------------

So I made an extremely cheesy pernico/percico one shot... That was fun. Anyways, please feel free to make a suggestion in the comments! I seriously love seeing more votes and reads on these one shots! :) keep being awesome, and if you ever need to talk to someone, don't hesitate to contact me! :) -T